Capitol Hill Baptist Church
|Capitol Hill Baptist Church|
|Denomination||Southern Baptist Convention|
|Former name(s)||Metropolitan Baptist Church|
|Senior pastor(s)||Mark Dever|
Capitol Hill Baptist Church is a Baptist church located on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., six blocks from the United States Capitol. Mark Dever serves as the senior pastor of the church. It was founded in 1878 and was originally named Metropolitan Baptist Church, after the Metropolitan Tabernacle in London.
- Newton, Phil A. Elders in Congregational Life. Kregel Academic. p. 12. ISBN 9780825494789. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- George, Timothy (2 May 2016). "Puritans on the Potomac". First Things. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "SBC Church Search". SBC website. Southern Baptist Convention.
- Hammett, John S. (2007). "Regenerate Church Membership". Restoring Integrity in Baptist Churches. Kregel Academic. p. 35. ISBN 9780825497575. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- Capitol Hill Baptist Church Covenant Archived October 6, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- White, Thomas (2010). "The Offices and Women: Can Women Be Pastors? or Deacons?". Upon This Rock: A Baptist Understanding of the Church. B&H Publishing Group. p. 188. ISBN 9781433672989. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- Deacons & Deaconesses Archived October 6, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- White, James R. (1977). A Living Legacy: A History of the Capitol Hill Baptist Church. Capitol Hill Baptist Church.
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|