|Industry||Certified Pre-Owned Inspections|
|Headquarters||Two Wisconsin Circle, Suite 700
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
(301) 656-7273, Chevy Chase, Maryland
Number of locations
Los Angeles, CA
|Services||Certified Pre-Owned Consultation
Off Lease Inspection
Technical expert arbitration reporting
Carcannon is an automotive inspection and consulting company headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland with an office in El Segundo, California. Carcannon is credited with producing the first national “Certified Consultation Process” for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The company was founded in 2001 by Ron Correa.
In 2006, Automotive News reported that General Motors launched an initiative to standardize the way dealerships physically present GM certified used vehicles on the dealership lots. GM hired Carcannon to create the initiative and provide the consultants to implement it.
In 2009, US Fed News reported that the United States Patent and Trademark Office issued the trademark “New Vehicle Pre-Delivery Service Inspections” (Reg. No. 3726917, Trademark application serial number 77784580) to Carcannon.
In 2011, it was reported that Carcannon teamed up with Audi to provide certified pre-owned inspections for all of Audi’s cars.
- “Carcannon Corporation”, Dun & Bradstreet, Accessed 23 May 2013
- Certified Archived November 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., Carcannon website, Accessed 23 May 2013
- “VW of America Chooses Carcannon as CPO Consultation Provider”, Auto Remarketing, 12 Nov 2012, Accessed online 23 May 2013
- “General Motors Launches Certification Pre-Sale Consultation Process for GM Certified Used Vehicles Dealers”, Vehicle Remarketing magazine, 9 Feb 2006, Accessed 24 Apr 2013
- Offices, Carcannon website, Accessed 23 May 2013
- Arlena Sawyers, “GM Certified wants dealers to get in line,” Automotive News, 23 Jan 2006, Accessed 23 May 2013 via Nexis
- “USPTO Issues Trademark NEW VEHICLE PRE-DELIVERY SERVICE INSPECTIONS to The Carcannon for Consultation Services”, US Fed News, 22 Dec 2009, Accessed 21 May 2013 via Nexis
- “Audi Chooses Carcannon”, Automotive Digest, 11 Jul 2011, Accessed 14 May 2013