Carlos Alberto Scolari
Carlos Alberto Scolari (born 1963 Rosario, Argentina) is a communication researcher expert in digital media, interfaces and communication ecology. Building on the tradition of the theories of mass media, since 1990, he has been dedicated to studying new forms of communication arising from the spread of the World Wide Web.
He has been visiting professor, lecturer and organizer of workshops at universities in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, United States, Canada, Portugal, Switzerland, Italy, UK, France, Belgium, Finland, Poland, Austria and Estonia.
Its most outstanding scientific contributions have been in the semiotics of interfaces and interaction processes, where has integrated Umberto Eco semiotic models and Algirdas Greimas with cognitive contributions of Donald Norman, Marvin Minsky and Francisco Varela and theories of interactive digital media, where its main references are Jesus Martin-Barbero, Alejandro Piscitelli, Marshall McLuhan, Robert K. Logan or Lev Manovich. In recent years he has taken up the study of speech television and transmedia narratives in the theoretical context of media ecology (Media Ecology).
He has lived in Europe since 1990, and currently resides in Spain.
- Carlón, Mario y Scolari, Carlos Alberto (2009). El fin de los medios masivos. El comienzo de un debate. Buenos Aires: La Crujía.
- Scolari, Carlos Alberto (2008). Hipermediaciones. Elementos para una teoría de la Comunicación Digital Interactiva. Barcelona: Gedisa.
- Scolari, Carlos Alberto (2004). Hacer clic. Hacia una sociosemiótica de las interacciones digitales. Barcelona: Gedisa.
- Works in English
- Transmedia Storytelling: Implicit Consumers, Narrative Worlds, and Branding in Contemporary Media Production, International Journal of Communication 3 (2009), 586-606, USC
- Mobile Media: Towards a Definition and Taxonomy of Contents and Applications, International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies. Vol 6, No 2 (2012) ISSN 1865-7923
- Reader Response to Carlos Alberto Scolari’s “Transmedia Storytelling" Archived 2015-07-06 at the Wayback Machine, MAggie Stough
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carlos Alberto Scolari.|
- Carlos A. Scolari, Scribd
- "This is a fascinating time to be studying and working in communication" UOC, June 2013, Jordi Rovira