Carlos Rodrigues Corrêa
|Full name||Carlos Rodrigues Corrêa|
|Date of birth||29 December 1980|
|Place of birth||Limeira, Brazil|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2002||XV de Piracicaba|
|2009–2010||→ Atlético Mineiro (loan)||20||(2)|
|2010–2011||→ Flamengo (loan)||25||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:46, 16 July 2015 (UTC).
As many other Brazilian players, Corrêa was introduced to football on the streets of his city. After playing in various junior clubs, he was noticed by the scouts of Brazilian giants Palmeiras. After several successful seasons in Brazil, Corrêa was transferred to Europe, as he was noticed by Ukrainian top-flight club, FC Dynamo Kyiv.
He debuted for Dynamo in summer of 2006. Carlos wears the number 7 for Dynamo. Scoring three goals in his first three domestic league games for Dynamo, he quickly earned a starting spot in the Ukrainian team. Following Dynamo's 2–0 victory over domestic rival Shaktar Donetsk in the Ukrainian Super Cup, Shaktar's head coach Mircea Lucescu stated on Corrêa's performance that he is "an unbelievable midfielder". In Ukraine Correa proved himsfelf as a master of corner and free kicks, and regularly performs them for his club.
In 2008 Correa suffered serious injury and missed some of the 2008-09 season. At that time Dynamo had changes at coaching position and the new coach Valeriy Gazzayev could find a place on a team for the Brazilian playmaker. In 2009 Correa lost his place in the first team and soon was loaned out.
On June 2010 Corrêa signed with Flamengo, on loan, for the rest of 2010 season.
On 30 July 2012 it was announced Corrêa would have a trial with Middlesbrough FC after being recommended to manager Tony Mowbray by club legend Juninho Paulista.
Flamengo career statistics
- (Correct as of 28 November 2010[update])
|Club||Season||State League||Brazilian Série A||Copa do Brasil||Copa Libertadores||Copa Sudamericana||Total|
- "Portuguesa anuncia Corrêa, ex-Palmeiras, como segundo reforço para 2013" (in Portuguese). uol.com.br. 21 December 2012. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- Шаг навстречу. Луис Адриано и еще 8 иностранцев, рассчитывавших на сборную Украины
- "Flamengo official website" (in Portuguese).
- "Flaestatística" (in Portuguese).