Caroline Lamarche (born 3 March 1955) is a French-speaking writer. She was born in Liège and spent her early childhood in Spain and her later childhood near Paris. With a qualification in Romance languages, she taught in Liège and in Nigeria. As of 2008, she lives on the outskirts of Brussels.
Body of work
She has had six novels published by publishers Les Éditions de Minuit and later Éditions Gallimard. She has published poetry, including the French half of the French-Dutch bilingual book Entre-deux / Twee vrouwen van twee kanten (with Hilde Keteleer, published by Fram), and further short shories including J'ai cent ans (published by Le Serpent à Plumes). She has also produced for-radio works for France-Culture and for Belgian radio, and scripts for plays (Théâtre du Festin, Montluçon, Paris).
Her main works since the turn of the 21st century have been Carnets d'une soumise de province ("Notes from a submissive countrygirl"), Voies Libres ("Free Paths"), with photographer Christian Carez (published by MET), the novel Karl et Lola and the illustrated story La Barbière as well as a children's book Le Phoque (éd. du Rouergue, 2008).
- Le Jour du chien, Minuit, 1996, Prix Rossel 
- La nuit l'après-midi, Minuit, 1998 
- Published in English as "Night in the Afternoon"
- J'ai cent ans, nouvelles, Le Serpent à Plumes 1999, rééd. Le Rocher/Le Serpent à Plumes 2006
- L'ours, Gallimard, 2000
- Lettres du pays froid, Gallimard, 2003
- Carnets d'une soumise de province, Folio Gallimard, 2004
- Karl et Lola, Gallimard, 2007
- La Barbière, Les Impressions Nouvelles, 2007
For her early short stories she was awarded the "Prix Radio France Internationale" and the "Prix de la Fureur de Lire", and her first novel (Le jour du chien (Minuit, 1996)) was awarded the "Prix Rossel".
For her radio piece L'autre langue ("The other language"), she received the "Prix SACD" at the Festival Phonurgia Nova, Arles 2003.
- "«Fleurs de funérailles»: les poètes belges écrivent pour les morts". Le Soir Plus (in French). 7 April 2020.
- Le jour du chien. Les Editions de Minuit. ISBN 9782707315649.
- La nuit l'après-midi. Éditions de Minuit. ISBN 978-2707316493.