Catalan of the year Award
The "Catalan of the Year" award is organized by El Periódico de Catalunya, which since 2000 recognizes the Catalan person that was the most prominent in the development of their social or professional activity during the previous year. The award is voted by readers of the newspaper, after a previous selection of different nominees by a jury composed of persons from different social environments.
The award ceremony "Catalan of the Year" takes place during a solemn ceremony at the Palau de la Música Catalana in Barcelona, at the end of each January, attended by the President of the Generalitat of Catalonia, the Mayor of Barcelona, and other personalities of the political, economic, social and cultural life of Catalonia.
Year Awards Field 2000 Ernest Lluch, (given posthumously) Politician 2001 Pau Gasol Basketball Player 2002 Manuela de Madre Politician 2003 Ferran Adrià Cook 2004 Joan Manuel Serrat Singer 2005 Joan Massagué Oncology Scientist 2006 Neus Català A survivor of the Ravensbrück concentration camp 2007 Pasqual Maragall Politician, President of the Generalitat de Catalunya 2008 Vicente Ferrer Moncho Philanthropist 2009 Pep Guardiola Coach of FC Barcelona 2010 David Miret Leader of the Castellers de Vilafranca 2011 Joaquim Maria Puyal Journalist 2012 Josep Sánchez de Toledo Head of Children's Oncology at Vall d'Hebron Hospital 2013 Josefina Castellví i Piulachs Oceanographer, first woman to lead a scientific base in the Antarctica 2014 Lucia Caram Dominica nun, Social activist. 2015 Óscar Camps Activist from Proactiva open arms
- "Català de l'any". El Periódico de Catalunya. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Pep Guardiola, 'Català de l'any' (in spanish)
- "Neus Català recibe el premio Catalán del Año 2006 por su lucha contra el nazismo" [Neus Català receives the Catalan of the Year Award 2006 for his fight against Nazism]. La Vanguardia (in Spanish). barcelona. February 3, 2007. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- "Sor Lucía Caram gana la 15ª edición del premio Catalan del Año". La Vanguardia (in Spanish). April 16, 2015. Retrieved April 17, 2015.
- Especial Catalán del Año 2005 (in Spanish)