Mailplanes were high-speed commercial aircraft purpose-designed for carrying airmail. Production and use of mailplanes flourished in the 1920s, 30s, and 40s. Since that time, airmail has usually been carried in bulk on regular airline services, although parcel and overnight mail may be carried by converted General Aviation aircraft.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mailplanes.|
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Australian mailplanes (1 C)
- ► British mailplanes (3 C)
- ► Czech and Czechoslovakian mailplanes (1 C)
- ► Dutch mailplanes (1 C)
- ► French mailplanes (2 C)
- ► German mailplanes (2 C)
- ► Italian mailplanes (1 C)
- ► United States mailplanes (3 C)