Category:Protected areas of the United States
This category contains areas which are protected areas within the United States. This includes federal, state, local and privately controlled/owned areas. It does not exclusively contain IUCN protected areas; it does include any area that a United States governing authority has provided protection from uncontrolled or any private development.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Protected areas of the United States.|
This category has the following 32 subcategories, out of 32 total.
- ► Lists of protected areas of the United States (6 C, 28 P)
- ► Protected areas on the Mississippi River (1 C, 64 P)
- ► Protected areas of the Appalachians (10 C, 30 P)
- ► Conservation areas of the United States (2 C, 7 P)
- ► National Estuarine Research Reserves of the United States (1 C, 29 P)
- ► Land trusts in the United States (11 C, 36 P)
- ► National Marine Sanctuaries of the United States (1 C, 15 P)
- ► Parks in the United States (26 C, 7 P)
- ► National Scenic Byways (2 C, 96 P)
- ► United States Forest Service protected areas (3 C, 10 P)
- ► Protected areas of the United States templates (1 C, 70 P)
- ► United States protected area stubs (5 C, 8 P)
Pages in category "Protected areas of the United States"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- National Conservation Area
- National Conservation Lands
- National Estuarine Research Reserve
- National monument (United States)
- National Natural Landmark
- National parks of the United States
- National Parkway
- National preserve
- National Scenic Area (United States)
- National Wild and Scenic Rivers System
- National Wildlife Refuge
- Northwest Forest Plan