|Real name||Marcello Renda|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
4 June 1985 |
|Wins by KO||11|
Marcello 'Cello' Renda (born 4 June 1985 in Peterborough, England) is a professional boxer, using the nickname "Dangerous". He is a middleweight, and reached the final of the 4th Prizefighter tournament.
Renda made his professional boxing debut on 30 September 2004, where he defeated the previously unbeaten Mark Ellwood in a 2nd round technical knockout. Ellwood outweighed Renda by almost a stone in weight.
Two months later, Renda was himself knocked out by the debuting Joey Vegas in the 3rd round of his 2nd fight. In September 2007, Renda defeated Steve Ede to win the British Masters Middleweight title. Renda vacated the title in January 2008 in order to fight for the English title.
On 8 March 2008, Renda challenged the undefeated Paul Smith, who was a contestant in The Contender 3, for the vacant English middleweight title. Renda was stopped in the 6th round of the 10 round contest.
Prizefighter 4: The Middleweights
On 22 November 2008, Renda was given the opportunity to fight for the £25,000 winners' prize in the 4th Prizefighter tournament. He defeated Danny Thornton by 2nd-round knockout and Max Maxwell on points on his way to the final. In the final Renda faced tournament favourite Martin Murray who defeated him via a close points decision. In 2009 he was involved in a rare double knockdown against Paul Samuels.
- British Masters Middleweight title
- "Cello Renda". www.theprizefighterseries.com. Retrieved 2008-12-01.[dead link]
- "Super Cello plays the right tune to lift the British title". www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk. 2008-09-17. Retrieved 2008-12-01.
- "Renda to relinquish Masters title". www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk. 2008-01-17. Retrieved 2008-12-01.
- "Cello goes close £25,000 Prizefighter competition". www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk. 2008-11-22. Retrieved 2008-12-01.