Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up censor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Censor may refer to:
People and organizations
- Roman censor, a magistrate for maintaining the census, supervising public morality, etc.
- Censor Librorum, an expert called on to advise the bishop of diocese whether or not to grant an imprimatur
- Imperial censorate, a high-level supervisory agency in ancient China, whose duties involved criticizing other officials
- Censor of St Cuthbert's Society, employed by University of Durham to oversee Society members
- Cato the Censor (Marcus Porcius Cato, 234–149 BC), Roman statesman
- Censor (Christ Church, Oxford), the student of Christ Church, Oxford undertaking disciplinary duties assigned to deans of other colleges
- Censor, the police of the Royal College of Physicians
- Chief Censor of New Zealand, the head of the government's Office of Film and Literature Classification
- Yair Censor (born 1943), Israeli mathematician
- Censorship, the control of speech and other forms of human expression
- Censoring (statistics), the situation when the value of an observation is only partially known
- Censor (film), a 2001 film written and directed by Dev Anand
- "Censor" (song), a single released by the band Skinny Puppy for the song "Dogshit" in 1988
- Sensor, a device or organ that detects or senses a signal or its environment
- Censure, a formal reprimand
- Censer, a small metal or stone dish used for burning incense
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Censor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.