Channel 9 – La Rioja
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|La Rioja, La Rioja|
|Channels||Analog: 9 (VHF)|
|Owner||Gobierno de La Rioja
(Radio Televisión Riojana)
RTR Canal 9 de la Rioja is an Argentine television station operated by the local Government. It serves the Provinces of La Rioja and Catamarca (through a repeater on channel 13), and a small part of San Luis. The station broadcasts from La Rioja, the capital the homonym Province and it is affiliated with Telefe.
Channel 9 broadcasts in color, but -as well as many other TV channels outside Buenos Aires- it has monophonic sound only. The station produces two newscasts: one with local news and other with news from Catamarca. A weekend cultural show called La Rioja que Usted no Conoce ("La Rioja You Don't Know") is also presented.
Most of the schedule is filled with the network offerings: soap operas, national news, movies, sitcoms and cartoons.
- Noticiero 9 ("News 9") - newscast
- Catamarca es noticia ("Catamarca is on the news") - newscast
- Queda mucho por descubrir ("There's a lot to discover") - travelogue
- Misa Dominical ("Sunday Mass") - religion
- RTR means Radio Televisión Riojana (Riojan Radio Television).