||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Charlene McMann (b. circa 1951)(also known as Charlene McMann-Seaman) (born in Chicago, Illinois, United States), was the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of the now-defunct Chicago Blood Cancer Foundation (founded 2010), a non-profit raising money for lymphoma, leukemia, and myeloma.
McMann is co-author with her husband Scott Seaman of the self-published book Battling and Beating Cancer – The Cancer Survival Book (2009) and was also co-host with her husband of the Battling and Beating Cancer online-only radio show on BlogTalkRadio, and CAN TV public access and online television show.
Previously, McMann co-founded and was past president of the Chicago Chapter of the Lymphoma Research Foundation, which was that organization’s first local chapter. She received thelocal Chicago Jefferson Award for Public Service for her cancer advocacy in 2008, organizing, fundraising, and leadership. She subsequently became a Member of the National Board of Selectors of the Jefferson Awards for Public Service and launched a national program to promote health, physical activity, and well-being in students.[non-primary source needed]
Felony plea deal
McMann was accused of transferring funds on multiple occasions from the Chicago Blood Cancer Foundation to her own account between 2010 and 2013 while she was executive director. McMann pleaded guilty on December 1, 2015. She was sentenced on January 27, 2016 to two years' probation and ordered to pay $44,085 to the Chicago-based Cancer Research Foundation, a similar charity.
- "Former Head of Chicago Blood Cancer Foundation Must Repay $44,000 in Funds Used for Personal Use, Casino Trips". Illinois Attorney General. 27 January 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- (28 January 2011). "The Cancer Warrior : "Battling & Beating Cancer" with Scott & Charlene Seaman : Empower Radio". www.empoweradio.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Chicago Blood Cancer Foundation's "Battling And Beating Cancer" Television Show, chicagobloodcancer.com, 13 August 2015 capture from archive.org
- "Battling And Beating Cancer Radio Show", chicagobloodcancer.org, 5 February 2015 capture from archive.org (details on radio show)
- "Couple honored for fight against cancer". Daily Herald. 2007-11-04. Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- "Chicago Blood Cancer Foundation presents "Battling and Beating Cancer" _Television Program to encompass World Cancer Day". World Cancer Day. 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- "TV Show Unites Cancer Survivors Worldwide". Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- "Lymphoma Research Foundation" (PDF). www.lymphoma.org. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Meet the 2008 Jefferson Award Winners". NBC News. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
-  Archived November 24, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "West Chicago Woman Ordered to Pay $44K for Stealing from Cancer Charity". Chicago Sun-Times. 27 January 2016. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Chicago charity executive sentenced for misusing funds". Associated Press. 29 January 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "West Chicago Woman Ordered to Pay $44K for Stealing From Cancer Charity". NBC News. 27 January 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2016.