Charles Hamilton, Lord Binning
Lord Binning was present with his father at the Battle of Sheriffmuir, in 1715. From 1718 until his death he held office as Knight Marischal, an office that had been vacant since the battle following the forfeiture of the Jacobite, Earl of Kintore
Marriage and issue
- Thomas Hamilton, 7th Earl of Haddington.
- George Baillie-Hamilton, grandfather to George Baillie-Hamilton, 10th Earl of Haddington
- Grizel Hamilton, married Philip Stanhope, 2nd Earl Stanhope
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "S" (part 1)
- Balfour Paul, vol iv, p322
- Stooks Smith, Henry. (1973) [1844-1850]. Craig, F. W. S., ed. The Parliaments of England (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. p. 492. ISBN 0-900178-13-2.
-  Anderson, J., Historical and genealogical memoirs of the House of Hamilton; with genealogical memoirs of the several branches of the family, Edinburgh 1825.
-  Balfour Paul, Sir J., Scots Peerage IX vols. Edinburgh 1904.
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for St Germans
1722 – 1727
With: Philip Cavendish
Sir Gilbert Heathcote