Charles Tennyson (civil servant)
Tennyson was the son of the Hon. Lionel Tennyson and his wife Eleanor Bertha Mary, daughter of Frederick Locker. His father was the younger son of Alfred, Lord Tennyson. He was educated at Eton College and King's College, Cambridge, where he gained a first in Part I of the Law Tripos and was a Whewell Scholar in 1903. In 1909, he married Ivy Gladys OBE (née Pretious). They had three sons, two of whom were killed during the Second World War:
- Frederick Penrose Tennyson, known as Pen (26 August 1912 – 7 July 1941)
- Charles Julian Tennyson (7 February 1915 – 7 March 1945)
- Beryl Hallam Augustine Tennyson (10 December 1920 – 21 December 2005), radio producer and father of:
He was awarded CMG in the 1915 New Year Honours and knighted in 1945.
- ‘TENNYSON, Sir Charles Bruce Locker’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 1920–2007; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2012 ; online edn, Nov 2012 accessed 17 Dec 2013
- Sir Charles Tennyson (Obituaries) Sir Michael Balcon. The Times Tuesday, Jun 28, 1977; pg. 18; Issue 60041; col F
- "Tennyson, Charles Bruce Locker (TNY899CB)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "Tennyson, Charles Julian". Casualty Details. Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
- "Sita Rosalind Joanna Tennyson". Queensland Family Trees. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- "Sita Rosalind Joanna TENNYSON". Companies House. Retrieved 25 October 2017.