|Spouse(s)||Patric Masurkevitch (?-present)|
|Awards||Dora Mavor Moore Award|
Charlotte Moore (born c. 1958) is a Canadian actress who has been performing for more than thirty years. Her acclaim includes a Dora Mavor Moore Award in 1990 for her performance as Janet in a Toronto production of The Rocky Horror Show.
She debuted in 1979 at the Charlottetown Festival. She has performed over the years at the Shaw Festival, and she co-produced a cabaret series in the late 1980s at The Rivoli in Toronto. She received acclaim for her 1989 performance as Janet in The Rocky Horror Show, and in 1990 played the narrator in a Toronto production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. In 2006 she returned to perform at the Charlottetown Festival.
Moore received a Dora Mavor Moore Award in 1990 for her performance in The Rocky Horror Show. Accepting the award, she exclaimed, "Rest in peace, grandma, one of us has finally won one of these things!"
In 1994, she played Fantine in a Halifax production of Les Misérables, at which time The Globe and Mail referred to her as "one of the strongest dramatic singers in Canada". Her career has included roles in productions staged at the Shaw Festival, the Charlottetown Festival, and many other productions in Toronto and around Ontario. Other theatre productions have included Grease, Gypsy, Blood Brothers, and Hairspray. She has also appeared in episodes of several television programs including E.N.G. and Psi Factor.
She released an album, Friends of Mine, on which she sings songs from Canadian musicals.
Friends of Mine
- Release date: 2004
- Formats: CD, music download
- Leong, Melissa (27 May 2011). "Similar types: Louise Pitre and Charlotte Moore compare resumes". The National Post. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- Wagner, Vit (9 March 1990). "Moore trades in undies for Dreamcoat", Toronto Star, p. D6.
- (11 August 2006). "Like dad, like daughter: Moore back at festival to make father proud", The Guardian, p. C4.
- 1990 Winners of the Dora Mavor Moore Awards (pg 3) (PDF), Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts, archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-01-19, retrieved 2012-10-14
- Crew, Robert (26 June 1990). "Phantom haunts the Doras", Toronto Star, p. C1.
- Conlogue, Ray (21 June 1994). "Theatre review: Les Misérables", The Globe and Mail, p. C1.
- Kates, Kathryn (7 January 2006). "Bloor West fits bill for actress", Toronto Star, p. N10.
- "Charlotte Moore resume". Talenthouse.ca. Archived from the original on 30 May 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- Smith, Gary (19 January 2008). "Moore gets musical", The Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved 19 October 2012.