Chesney Snow (born 1979) is an American stage actor, musician, songwriter, and beat-boxer. He is known for appearing in the role of Boxman in the Primary Stages production of the a cappella musical In Transit. He has recently reprised his role as Boxman in the first Broadway run of In Transit.
In Transit's Off-Broadway production went on to receive multiple New York theatre award nominations including Drama Desk, Lucille Lortel, Outer Critics Circle, and Drama League. In Transit was the most nominated Off-Broadway musical of the 2010-2011 New York theatre season. The ensemble cast of the 2010 Primary Stages' production of In Transit received the Drama Desk award for Outstanding Ensemble Performance, of which Snow was a member.
Snow is also the executive producer and feature of the documentary film American Beatboxer.
In 2014 Chesney collaborated with one of Poland's most popular singers Edyta Gorniak writing the lyrics for her 2014 song Your High which became a bestselling digital download on several Polish music portals including I-Tunes in Poland. The song topped the 2014 charts of one of Poland's largest radio networks Radio Zet.
In 2005, Snow appeared as a special guest on Kayah's MTV Unplugged album which peaked at #4 on the Polish music charts and eventually became a certified gold record.
In 2011 Snow was a featured artist and participant of the World Science Festival's BioRhythm- Music and the Body exhibit presented by the Sonic Arts Research Center of Queens University in Northern Ireland. (SARC)
Chesney collaborated with Polish band Łąki Łan as a lyricist on their 2012 album Armanda (EMI Music Poland). Chesney wrote lyrics for "Łan For Me", "Infinite", "Sundown", and "Armanda". The album debuted at #44 on the Polish music charts.
Snow is also the executive producer and curator of the American Beatbox Championships, an annual event held in New York City which presents showcases and competitions centered on the art of beatboxing.
- Suskin, Steven (2010-10-06). "Variety Reviews - In Transit - Legit Reviews - Off Broadway - Review by Steven Suskin". Variety.com. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- Archives, Lortel. "Lortel Archives". Lortel Archives.
- "New York Theatre Barn". NYTB.
- Propst, Andy. "Theatre Mania Drama Desk winners announced". Theatremania.
- pl:Your High
- Science Festival, World. "World Science Festival participants". World Science Festival.
- "Armanda album credits". qobuz.com.
- "Oficjalna Lista Sprzedaży Official Sales Chart". OLiS.
- Faces, Manny. "Birthplace Mag online article". Birthplace Mag.