(Redirected from Chetti)
- Alagappa Chettiar, founder of Alagappa University, Karaikudi.
- A. M. M. Murugappa Chettiar, founder of Murugappa Group.
- Angidi Chettiar, former Vice President of Mauritius
- Annamalai Chettiar, founder of Annamalai University, Chidambaram and Founder of Chettinad group of Companies.
- Avichi Meiyappa Chettiar, founder of AVM Productions
- Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar, founder of Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai.
- M. A. Muthiah Chettiar, first Mayor of Chennai.
- Malayapuram Singaravelu Chettiar. freedom fighter, trade unionist, co-founder of the Communist Party of India
- M. Ct. M. Chidambaram Chettyar, founder of Indian Overseas Bank.
- Ramaswami Chettiar, a co-founder of Indian Bank.
- R. K. Shanmukham Chetty, first Finance Minister of India
- T. S. Avinashilingam Chettiar, former Member of Parliament, Coimbatore
- "Chettiar Band, AVM To FM". Outlook. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Chettiars reign where wealth meets godliness". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Jaffrelot, Christophe; Kumar, Sanjay (2012). Rise of the Plebeians?: The Changing Face of the Indian Legislative Assemblies. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-13651-661-0.
- Christine Dobson, Asian Entrepreneurial Minorities, Curzon Press UK, 1996. (A chapter in the book is devoted to the Chettiars who set up businesses in Burma.)
- Rajeswary Brown (1993) "Chettiar capital and Southeast Asian credit networks in the inter-war period". In G. Austin and K. Sugihara, eds. Local Suppliers of Credit in the Third World, 1750-1960. (New York: St. Martin's Press).
- Kudaisya, Medha M. (2009). "Marwari and Chettiar Merchants. 1850s-1950s: Comparative Trajectories". In Kudaisya, Medha M.; Ng, Chin-Keong. Chinese and Indian Business: Historical Antecedents. Leiden: BRILL. ISBN 9789004172791.
- David Rudner (1989) Banker's Trust and the Culture of Banking among the Nattukottai Chettiars of Colonial South India. Modern Asian Studies 23 (3), 417-458.
- Heiko Schrader (1996) Chettiar Finance in Colonial Asia. Zeitschrift fur Ethnologie 121, 101-126.