|12th Shilahara Ruler|
|Reign||c. 1022 – c. 1035 CE|
Chhittaraja succeeded his uncle Arikesarin some time before 1026 CE, when he issued his Bhandup plates. Chhittaraja was a patron of art and literature. He built the magnificent temple of Shiva at Ambarnath near Kalyan. He patronised Soddhala, the author of the Udayasundarikatha. (Dept. Gazetteer: 2002)
- Bhandarkar R.G. (1957): Early History of Deccan, Sushil Gupta (I) Pvt Ltd, Calcutta.
- Fleet J.F (1896) :The Dynasties of the Kanarese District of The Bombay Presidency, Written for the Bombay Gazetteer .
- Department of Gazetteer, Govt of Maharashtra (2002) : Itihaas : Prachin Kal, Khand -1 (Marathi)
- Department of Gazetteer, Govt of Maharashtra (1960) : Kolhapur District Gazetteer
- Department of Gazetteer, Govt of Maharashtra (1964) : Kolaba District Gazetteer
- Department of Gazetteer, Govt of Maharashtra (1982) : Thane District Gazetteer
- A.S.Altekar (1936) : The Silaharas of Western India
|This biography of a member of an Indian royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|