|Died||June 10, 2017 (aged 52)|
Fengbin, Hualien, Taiwan
|Alma mater||Lunghwa University of Science and Technology|
|Occupation||Documentary director, photographer, cinematographer|
|Also known as||Po-lin Chi|
Chi Po-lin (27 December 1964 – 10 June 2017) was a Taiwanese documentary filmmaker, photographer and environmentalist, best known for his 2013 film Beyond Beauty: Taiwan from Above, which won Best Documentary at the 2013 Golden Horse Awards.
On 10 June 2017, Chi along with his assistant Chen Kuan-chi and pilot Chang Chi-kuang died in a helicopter crash in a mountainous area in Hualien County's Fengbin Township. The group was shooting footage for the sequel to Beyond Beauty: Taiwan from Above, which was scheduled for release in 2019. A memorial service was held in Taipei on 14 July 2017. In March 2018, Chunghwa Post that still images from the sequel to Beyond Beauty would be released as stamp designs.
Chi was married and had a son and a daughter.
|Year||English title||Mandarin title||Role||Notes|
|2012||Taiwan from the Air||鳥目台灣||Director, cinematographer||Short film|
|2013||Beyond Beauty: Taiwan from Above||看見台灣||Director, cinematographer|
|2014||Taichung - The Heart Of Taiwan||台中心動||Director, cinematographer||Short film|
|2019||Beyond Beauty II||看見台灣II||Director, cinematographer||Sequel to Beyond Beauty: Taiwan from Above|
- Chi, Po-lin, Yeh, Huan-hui (1997). Images of the Northern Taiwan Second Freeway : Capturing the Feeling of Nature and the Earth. Taipei: MOTC. ISBN 9570201266.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Chi, Po-lin (2001). Tai wan fei lan. Taipei: Choice Development, Inc. (zh:秋雨文化 pinyin: Qiū yǔ wén huà). ISBN 986-7680-06-5.
- Chi, Po-lin (2004). Our Land Our Story. Taipei: Choice Development, Inc. ISBN 986-7680-68-5.
- Chi, Po-lin (2012). Cong kong zhong kan tai wan : qi bo lin kong zhong she ying ji. Taipei: Owl Publishing House. ISBN 978-986-262-110-3.
- Chi, Po-lin (2013). Wo di xin, wo di yan, kan jian tai wan: qi bo lin kong pai 20 nian di jian chi yu shen qing. Taipei: Booklife. ISBN 9789861334691.
- Chi, Po-lin (2015). Beyond Beauty : Taiwan from Above. Taipei: Above Taiwan. ISBN 978-986-92467-0-5.
Awards and nominations
|2003||Keep Walking Fund Project||Grand Prize||N/A||Won|
|2012||Xue Xue Awards||Special Contribution Award||N/A||Won|
|2013||50th Golden Horse Awards||Best Documentary||Beyond Beauty: Taiwan from Above||Won|
|2014||Dunxu High School of Industry and Commerce||Outstanding Alumni Award||N/A||Honored|
|2014||Lunghwa University of Science and Technology||Outstanding Alumni Award||N/A||Honored|
- Lee, Hsien-feng; Wu, Lilian (10 June 2017). "Acclaimed Taiwanese director believed dead in helicopter crash". Central News Agency. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- Chung, Jake (11 June 2017). "Filmmaker dies in Hualien crash". Taipei Times. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Sequel announced to award-winning aerial documentary". Taiwan News. 10 June 2017. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Helicopter that killed film director used for 15 years". Taipei Times. 11 June 2017. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- Cheng, Sabine; Chen, Christie (14 July 2017). "Son of late director gives touching tribute at memorial service". Central News Agency. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- Shan, Shelley (28 March 2018). "Stamps to feature final images captured by Chi". Taipei Times. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "從交通部公務員到空拍記錄片大師 齊柏林為《看見台灣》而生，為《看見台灣》而死" (in Chinese). match.net.tw. 10 June 2017. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-12-11. Retrieved 2017-06-10.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chi Po-lin.|