From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Chinkapin)
Chinquapin or chinkapin may refer to:
- Chinquapin or chinkapin, any of the shrubs in the genus Castanopsis
- Chinquapin or chinkapin, any of the several trees and shrubs in the genus Chrysolepis
- Chinquapin or chinkapin, some of the species in the chestnut genus Castanea
- American chinquapin, Castanea pumila, a dwarf chestnut native to southeastern quarter of the U.S.
- Chinkapin oak (Quercus muhlenbergii), a species of oak whose leaves resemble those of chinkapins
- Dwarf chinkapin oak (Quercus prinoides), a closely related, more shrubby oak species
- Water-chinquapin, a name for the water plant Nelumbo lutea, American lotus
- Chinquapin, California, a former settlement in Mariposa County, California
- Chinquapin, North Carolina, a community in Duplin County, North Carolina
- Chinquapin, Texas, Matagorda County, Texas
- The Chinquapin Preparatory School, a school in Highlands, Texas
- Chinquapin Middle School, a school in Baltimore, Maryland
- USS Chinquapin (AN-17), a ship in the US Navy
- Chinquapin Parish, a fictional parish in Louisiana and the setting for the 1987 play Steel Magnolias
- Chinquapin, a name for the redear sunfish (Lepomis microlophus)
- Chinquapin (newsletter), newsletter of the Southern Appalachian Botanical Society
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chinquapin.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.