Chloe and Theo
|Chloe & Theo|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ezna Sands|
|Music by||The Newton Brothers|
|Box office||$490 (Portugal)|
A young homeless woman from New York City named Chloe strikes up a friendship with an Arctic Inuit man named Theo who is looking for the Elders of the Southern world to save his people. Chloe joins him in his quest which takes viewers on a journey of heart and humor.
- Dakota Johnson as Chloe
- Theo Ikummaq as Theo
- Mira Sorvino as Monica
- Andre DeShields as Mr. Sweet
- Ashley Springer as Tyler
- Larry King as Himself
- Eric Oram as Sancho
- Haas Manning as Shai
- Lori Tan Chinn as Landlady
- Lawrence Ballard as Male Interrogator
- Elizabeth Masucci as Female Interrogator
- Christopher Backus as Juju Joe
On October 29, 2014, it was announced Spotlight Pictures had acquired worldwide sales to the film. On May 12, 2015, it was announced Tiberus Film would release the film in Germany. The film was scheduled to be released in Germany on October 1, 2015. The film was released in the United Kingdom on June 26, 2015, through video on demand. The film was released in the United States on September 4, 2015, in a limited release and through video on demand.
Chloe and Theo received negative reviews from film critics. It holds a 0% "Rotten" rating on review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, based on 18 reviews, with an average rating of 2.9/10. On Metacritic, the film holds a rating of 24 out of 100, based on 9 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews."
Frank Scheck of The Hollywood Reporter gave the film a negative review, writing, "Ikummaq displays a quiet dignity in his understated performance, even as his character is often reduced to being the butt of silly jokes. But Johnson squanders whatever good will she earned from 50 Shades of Grey, looking apple-pie wholesome as a homeless ex-junkie whose squalid state is suggested only by artful smudges on her cheeks." Garry Garrison of Indiewire also gave the film a D, writing, "The hope left then, is that the intentions were pure. Surely, at some point “Chloe And Theo” had substance and depth and made a bit more narrative sense (the thing appears to have been hacked from 112 minutes down to a brief 81 minute runtime complete with two voiceovers), but the result here is painful. “Chloe And Theo” should have been a film about Theo: a complex man taking on an unfamiliar world he is not particularly fond of, with little more than conviction and principle to help him along. Instead, we get another film where a hapless foreigner teaches white people how to better themselves."
- Box Office Mojo http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/intl/?page=&country=00&id=_fCHLOETHEO01. Retrieved July 12, 2016. Missing or empty
- Ross A. Lincoln. "'Chloe And Theo' To ARC Entertainment, 'Of Mind And Music' To Monterey - Deadline". Deadline.
- Spotlight Pictures, LLC (28 October 2014). "Spotlight Pictures Acquires Worldwide Sales of Arctica Films' CHLOE AND THEO with... -- LOS ANGELES, Oct. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --". prnewswire.com.
- Scott Roxborough. "Cannes: Germany's Tiberius Film Takes 'Chloe & Theo'". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Chloe rettet die Welt [DVD]". amazon.de.
- "NEWS: UPDATES ON CHLOE & THEO - FIFTYSHADESHK". fiftyshadeshk.com.
- "World Premiere of Chloe and Theo and Its Extraordinary Behind-the-Scenes Story". The Huffington Post.
- Cott, Kaeli Van. "Arc Entertainment Acquires Dakota Johnson Drama 'Chloe and Theo' - IndieWire".
- "Chloe and Theo (2015)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- "Chloe and Theo". Metacritic.com. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- Scheck, Frank (September 2, 2015). "'Chloe & Theo': Film Review". TheHollywoodReporter.com. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- Garrison, Gary (September 2, 2015). "Review: 'Chloe And Theo' Starring Dakota Johnson". Indiewire.com. Retrieved February 15, 2016.