|Born||1962 (age 56–57)|
|Occupation||Musician, Performance Artist, Activist, Inventor of music software|
|Known for||Founder of the Church of Euthanasia with Robert Kimberk, Musical act: Chris Korda and the Church of Euthanasia|
|Parent(s)||Michael Korda and Carolyn Keese|
Chris Korda (born 1962) is a US antinatalist activist, techno musician, and software developer, and leader of the Church of Euthanasia. Korda is a transgender vegan and the great-niece of Hungarian-born film magnate Sir Alexander Korda. She is a graduate of the Hammonasset School.
Unabomber for President
In 1995, Korda, together with Lydia Eccles, launched the campaign Unabomber for President. It took the overt form of a political action committee, Unabomber Political Action Committee (UNAPACK). "Unapack (...) completely endorses the ideas in the 35,000-word screed against society the government may try to prove Kaczynski wrote."
Developer of software
In 2008, Korda designed Fractice, a fractal renderer.
Korda is also an inventor of music software, such as Waveshop (2013), a bit-perfect lossless free audio editor, reviewed in several websites.
She is also the creator of ChordEase (2014). This is a free software that is compatible with any MIDI instrument and essentially it makes notes easier to play. ChordEase was presented at the 2015 International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression.
As an electronic/techno musician, Korda released two LPs and six singles and EPs. Korda toured Europe with her album "Man of the Future", released in 2003 by the German electronic music record label International Deejay Gigolo Records. Korda has toured worldwide, using her own software to perform live, including the Sonar music festival in Barcelona 2001.
- Broder, Von; M, Henryk. (1996) Der Spiegel, Macht Liebe, nicht Babies, English translation.
- Rix, Kate (November 1996). "You are the Problem". Wired.
- Potts, Grant. (2005) "Church of Euthanasia". In The Encyclopedia of Religion and Nature, ed. by Bron Taylor, pp. 384–85. London & New York: Continuum International.
- Lallanilla, Marc. (2008) LiveScience, 5 Odd Religions Coming to a Statehouse Near You.
- Bromley, David G.; Spiers, Isaak (14 September 2018). "Church of Euthanasia". World Religions and Spirituality Project. Virginia Commonwealth University. Retrieved 1 October 2018.
- "They Call It Luddite Love". The New York Times. 1996-09-15. Retrieved 2008-04-07.
- Winokur, Scott. (1996) San Francisco Chronicle, The "Unabomber for President' campaign.
- Campbell, Marc. (2010) Dangerous Minds, Extremely deep zoom into the Mandelbrot set: Infinitely psychedelic.
- Beta News.
- Korda, Chris (2015). "ChordEase: A MIDI remapper for intuitive performance of non-modal music" (PDF). Proceedings of the International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression.
- Chris Korda discography at Discogs.
- Kedves, Jan. (2003) Intro, The Man Of The Future: Chris Korda. Archived 2015-10-06 at the Wayback Machine
- Sonar 2001: Londres oculto, eutanasia, ruidismo, rayos musicales y pianistas atípicos.