Chris Lonsdale (entrepreneur)
18 November 1958 |
Christchurch, New Zealand
|Alma mater||University of Canterbury|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, Coach, Author|
Christopher John Lonsdale (born 18 November 1958) is a psychologist, linguist and educator. His adopted Chinese name, Dragon Tiger, is 龙飞虎 (Traditional Chinese: 龍飛虎; pinyin: lóng fēi hǔ). Lonsdale created the Kungfu English learning system and is also the author of The Third Ear.
Lonsdale graduated from the University of Canterbury in 1980 with first-class honours. After graduation, he moved to China to study Mandarin Chinese at the Beijing Language and Culture University, and martial arts at the Beijing Sport University. He has also participated in qigong movements in China. 
In 1984, Lonsdale moved to Hong Kong, where he learned Cantonese Chinese. His book, The Third Ear, is based on his personal experience of learning foreign languages and his training in psychology.
Lonsdale worked in public relations and environmental consulting before starting his own corporate advisory firm in 1994. The company, Chris Lonsdale and Associates Ltd, (Simplified Chinese: 龙氏顾问行有限公司; Traditional Chinese: 龍氏顧問行有限公司) provides leadership and business strategy coaching to senior executives and teams. Lonsdale has worked with companies such as Coca-Cola, Yum! Brands, JP Morgan, AIA and Standard Chartered bank.
- 王, 燕. "龙飞虎简介". Sohu.com. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "龙飞虎讲功夫英语". Third Ear Publishing Ltd. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- Newey, Guy. "Smartphones drive language learning innovation". AFP. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Now You’re Talking!". Hong Kong Trade Development Council. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Graduate Search". University of Canterbury - Christchurch, New Zealand. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- O'Neill, Mark. "Gone Native". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- McGuire, Paul. "The Third Ear by Chris Lonsdale". The Asian Review of Books. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "How to learn any language in six months: Chris Lonsdale at TEDxLingnanUniversity". Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "如何在6个月内学会任何一种外语：龙飞虎 TEDx Lingnan University". 优酷 youku.com. Retrieved 14 February 2014.