Chris Todd (American football)
|Auburn Tigers No. 12|
|High school||Elizabethtown High School
|Date of birth||February 4, 1986|
|Place of birth||Elizabethtown, Kentucky|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight||217 lb (98 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at Rivals.com|
Chris Todd (born February 4, 1986 in Elizabethtown, Kentucky) is a former college football quarterback for the Auburn Tigers in 2008 and 2009. He was Auburn's starting quarterback for part of the 2008 season and for the entire 2009 season. He set all-time Auburn school records for most touchdown passes in a season and for the longest pass in school history. He also tied the Auburn single-game record with five touchdown passes against Ball State in 2009.
Todd played high school football at Elizabethtown High School in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. During his high school football career, he passed for 10,776 yards and 120 touchdowns. In 2005, he led Elizabethtown to its first state title in 24 years, as he passed for 3,180 yards and 38 touchdowns.
Todd began his college football career at Texas Tech, where he redshirted in 2005 and appeared in five games in 2006. In 2007, he played at a junior college.
In 2008, Todd joined the Auburn Tigers football team as a junior college transfer student. He gained 248 yards and national media attention for his first career start at Auburn in September 2008. Todd appeared in seven games for Auburn in 2008, including five as the team's starting quarterback.
On August 13, 2009, Todd was named the starter for the 2009 season. During the 2009 season, he cemented his name into the Auburn record books. In the season opener against Louisiana Tech, Todd connected with wide receiver Terrell Zachary on a 93 yard touchdown strike, which at the time was the longest offensive play in Auburn football history (Cam Newton would connect with receiver Emory Blake on a 94 yard pass during the 2010 season). In mid-September, he threw four touchdown passes to lead Auburn to a 41-30 victory over West Virginia. The following week against Ball State, Todd threw for 284 yards and five touchdowns, with the five touchdowns tying the Auburn single game record for most passing touchdowns in one game. Todd also set the single-season record at Auburn with 22 touchdown passes and finished the season with 2,612 passing yards and a passer rating of 145.73, ranking him 18th in the nation.
- "Chris Todd". Auburn University.
- Chris Low (September 6, 2008). "Todd takes reins as Auburn's quarterback". ESPN.com.
- Chris Low (September 2, 2008). "Todd moves in as Auburn's starting quarterback". ESPN.com.
- "Todd moved into starter's role at QB for No. 9 Auburn". Associated Press. September 2, 2008.
- "Juco Transfer Todd Leads No. 9 Auburn: 248-yard game against SouMiss might mean Tigers' QB problem is solved". NBC Sports. September 6, 2008.
- "Todd makes move in Auburn's win over Southern Miss". Dothan Eagle. September 6, 2008.
- Evan Woodbery (September 11, 2008). "Chris Todd takes reins as Auburn's starting quarterback: After rocky road to Auburn, transfer becomes Tigers' starting quarterback". Press-Register.
- Dan Burch (September 13, 2008). "QB dilemma settled as Todd will take snaps for Auburn in SEC-opener". ESPN.com.
- Tony Barnhart (August 14, 2009). "Franklin happy Todd won QB job at Auburn". Atlanta Journal Constitution.
- Chris Low (August 14, 2009). "Todd gets second chance as Auburn's starter". ESPN.com.
- Charles Goldberg (February 25, 2008). "Auburn quarterback Chris Todd knows playbook thanks to his relationship with Tony Franklin". The Birmingham News.
- "Todd the Man: Malzahn names Chris Todd starting QB". The Anniston Star. August 14, 2009.
- Chris Low (August 28, 2009). "Kicking it with Auburn's Chris Todd". ESPN.com.
- Tommy Hicks (September 6, 2009). "Chris Todd off to good start as Auburn quarterback in 2009". The Press-Register.
- "Auburn beats Louisiana Tech 37-13". The Sporting News. September 6, 2009.
- Chris Low (September 20, 2009). "Healthy Todd gets it done for Tigers". ESPN.com.
- Charles Goldberg (September 20, 2009). "Chris Todd, defense help Auburn wipe out third quarter deficit to go to 3-0". Birmingham News.
- "Todd leads Auburn in win over West Virginia". Newsday. September 20, 2009.
- "Shouldering the load". The Anniston Star. September 20, 2009.
- "Auburn's Todd ties team mark with 5 TD passes". ESPN.com. September 26, 2009.
- "Chris Todd sets season record for most touchdown passes". Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (GA). November 28, 2009.
- "Todd sets single-season record". ESPN.com. November 27, 2009.