Christel House International
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Christel House International is a registered, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization for assisting impoverished children. It operates two learning centers in India, one in Mexico, one in South Africa, and four schools in the United States.
Christel House was founded in 1998 by Christel DeHaan. It opened five learning centers from 1999 to 2002. Christel House provides education, healthcare, meals, and other assistance to over 4,600 children globally.
Christel House International operates two learning centers in India, one in Mexico, one in South Africa, and four schools in the United States.
- In 2013, The Robert K. Greenleaf Center recognized Christel House Academy with the Indiana Achievement Awards (IAA) for its effectiveness in their exemplary practices.
- In 2016, College for Every Student (CFES) named CHAS as a "School of Distinction" for "creating high levels of college and carer readiness and raising aspirations among their students". CFES recognized CHAS for its work of providing valuable career guidance to students.
- In 2017 Inter-American Development Bank identified CHMX as a "Latin American Innovative School".
- In 2017, CHAS was recognized by Character.org for its well-done work in using character development to influence a positive impact on academics and behavior.
- NASSP, an organization that links school leaders through various programs, redesignated CHAS as a breakthrough school in 2017.
- "2015 annual report by Christel House". issuu.com. 2016-03-09. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Christel DeHaan". Immigrant Entrepreneurship. German Historical Institute. 2018. Retrieved 2018-01-22.
- "DeHaan, 74, still pumping massive cash, countless hours into charity". Retrieved 2018-01-22.
- "Christel House Academy honored with Indiana Achievement Award". PRWeb. Retrieved 2018-01-22.
- "News - College For Every Student". www.collegefes.org. Retrieved 2018-01-22.
- "Mexico recognized as an innovative school". Retrieved 2018-01-22.
- "2017 State Schools of Character | Character.org". character.org. Retrieved 2018-01-22.
- "Breakthrough Schools | NASSP". www.nassp.org. Retrieved 2018-02-06.