This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Christina R. Wodtke (born October 22, 1966) is an American businesswoman and specialist in the area of design thinking, information architecture and Management Science (specializing in OKR and team productivity.) She is currently a lecturer in HCI at Stanford University.
Wodtke was born and raised in the Midwest, including early childhood years in Iowa City, Iowa.
Wodtke has held a series of executive roles in the tech industry, most notably leading teams who built the events platform and created an algorithm for Linkedin's newsfeed, leading a redesign of Myspace and its profile pages and leading the design and launch of the Zynga.com gaming platform.
Wodtke is a co-founder and past president of the Information Architecture Institute. As a User Experience professional, she has worked for such companies as Yahoo, Hot Studio, The New York Times, and Zynga to improve and develop their Web sites.
Wodtke founded Webby-nominated magazine of design thinking [Boxes and Arrows] and has been publisher continuously (as well as sometime contributor). Boxes and Arrows was the first online magazine aimed exclusively at working practitioner designers, and has inspired a host of other online 'zines, from UXmatters to Johnny Holland.
Known for a blunt and humorous speaking manner, she is frequently sought out as an expert for interviews and talks on social web design, gamification, user experience, start-up management, and innovation.
- Wodtke, Christina (2003). Information Architecture: Blueprints for the Web (1st ed.). Indianapolis, Ind.: New Riders. ISBN 0-7357-1250-6.
- Wodtke, Christina (2016). Radical Focus: Achieving Your Most Important Goals with Objectives and Key Results (1st ed.). Palo Alto, Cal.: Cucina Media. ISBN 978-0996006026.
- Wodtke, Christina (2017). Pencil Me In: The Business Drawing Book for People Who Can't Draw (1st ed.). Palo Alto, Cal.: Cucina Media. ISBN 978-0996006033.
- Wodtke, Christina (2019). The team that managed itself : a story of leadership (1st ed.). Palo Alto, Cal.: Cucina Media. ISBN 978-0996006071.
- Albers, Michael J.; Mazur, Beth (2003-01-01). Content & complexity: information design in technical communication. Taylor & Francis. pp. 26 ff. ISBN 978-0-8058-4140-4. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "Christina R Wodtke's Profile | Stanford Profiles". profiles.stanford.edu. Retrieved 2020-10-27.
- "Crunchbase Profile".
- "Welcome to Boxes and Arrows". 2002-03-11. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Lanyrd Profile".
- Articles on Boxes and Arrows
- Crunchbase profile
- Christina Wodtke — Userati
- Interview with Christina Wodtke
- Elegant Hack, Wodtke's personal Web site, which includes a blog
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|