Peterson holds a bachelor's degree in chemistry from MIT.
In 1991 she coauthored Unbounding the Future: the Nanotechnology Revolution with Gayle Pergamit and Eric Drexler., which sketches nanotechnology's potential environmental and medical benefits as well as possible abuses. In 1997 she coauthored Leaping the Abyss: Putting Group Genius to Work with Gayle Pergamit.
- "Thinking Longer Term about Technology", 2009.
- Officers and Staff: Christine Peterson – Co-Founder & Past President, Foresight Institute. Accessed 4 February 2018.
- Johnson, Dexter (15 February 2013). "Christine Peterson Looks into the Future of Nanotechnology". Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- History of the Open Source Initiative
- Technology In Government, 1/e. Jaijit Bhattacharya. 2006. p. 25. ISBN 978-81-903397-4-2.
- Eric Drexler and Chris Peterson (with Gayle Pergamit), Unbounding the Future: the Nanotechnology Revolution, Morrow, 1991. Accessed 4 February 2018.
- Chris Peterson and Gayle Pergamit, Leaping the Abyss: Putting Group Genius to Work, knOwhere Press, 1997. Accessed 4 February 2018.
- Christine Peterson (22 May 2008). "Thinking Longer Term about Technology". In Erik Fisher; Cynthia Selin; Jameson M. Wetmore. Presenting Futures: Presenting futures [electronic resource]. Springer. pp. 37–50. ISBN 978-1-4020-8416-4.
- Foresight Institute web page