Christmas in Conway
|Christmas in Conway|
|Written by||Stephen P. Lindsey|
& Luis Ugaz
|Directed by||John Kent Harrison|
and Mary-Louise Parker
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||96 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Hallmark Hall of Fame|
Christmas in Conway is a Hallmark Hall of Fame television movie. The film premiered on ABC on December 1, 2013 and starred Mary-Louise Parker, Andy Garcia, and Mandy Moore. It was directed by John Kent Harrison (The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler) and written by Stephen P. Lindsey (Hachi: A Dog's Tale) and Luis Ugaz.
When terminally ill Suzy Mayor (Parker) leaves the hospital to spend her last days at her home in Conway, South Carolina, her grouch of a husband, Duncan (Garcia) is beside himself with concern for her and with annoyance at everyone else, including Natalie (Moore), the live-in hospice nurse who has come home with Suzy. When Duncan decides to build a Ferris wheel in the backyard as a Christmas present for Suzy, in honor of the place where Duncan proposed to her, the neighbors and townspeople of this quiet Southern town are quick to object.
- Andy Garcia as Duncan Mayor
- Mandy Moore as Natalie Springer
- Cheri Oteri as Gayle Matthews
- Riley Smith as Tommy Harris
- Mark Jeffrey Miller as Henry
- and Mary-Louise Parker as Suzy Mayor
During its premiere broadcast on December 1, 2013, the episode received a 1.1 rating and a 3 share in the key 18- to 49-year-old adult demographic. It was viewed by 6.45 million total viewers. The ratings were considered to be poor, and they were lower than a comparable Hallmark broadcast the previous year.
Awards and nominations
The film was nominated for two MovieGuide Awards in 2014: the Faith and Freedom Award (Television), and the Free Enterprise Prize. It did not win in either category.
- "Hallmark Hall of Fame Presents 'Christmas in Conway'". Hallmark corporate press release. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Christmas in Conway synopsis". Hallmark Hall of Fame online Press Room. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Foss, Cassie. "Mary-Louise Parker to star in Hallmark movie filming in area". Wilmington StarNews online. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "TV Ratings Sunday: 'Once Upon a Time' Stays at Low + 'Bob's Burgers' & 'American Dad' Fall". TVByTheNumbers. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Salem, Mitch. "The Sked Network Scorecard - 12/1/13". ShowBuzzDaily.com. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Faughnder, Ryan. "TV ratings: NBC wins night with falling NFL numbers; 'Amazing Race' up". LATimes.com. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Appelo, Tim (February 8, 2014). "'Shark Tank,' 'Duck Dynasty,' 'The Bible' Win Faith & Values Awards". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 11 February 2014.