|Christmas in Conway|
|Directed by||John Kent Harrison|
|Music by||Geoff Zanelli|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||96 minutes|
|Production company||Hallmark Hall of Fame Productions|
Christmas in Conway is a 2013 American Christmas romantic drama television film directed by John Kent Harrison, written by Stephen P. Lindsey and Luis Ugaz, and starring Andy Garcia, Mandy Moore, and Mary-Louise Parker. The film is part of the Hallmark Hall of Fame series, and premiered on ABC on December 1, 2013.
When terminally-ill Suzy Mayor leaves the hospital to spend her last days at her home in Conway, South Carolina, her grouch of a husband, Duncan, is beside himself with concern for her and with annoyance at everyone else, including Natalie, the live-in hospice nurse who has come home with Suzy. When Duncan decides to build a Ferris wheel in the backyard as a Christmas present for Suzy, in honor of the place where Duncan proposed to her, the neighbors and townspeople of this quiet Southern town are quick to object.
- Andy Garcia as Duncan Mayor
- Mandy Moore as Natalie Springer
- Cheri Oteri as Gayle Matthews
- Riley Smith as Tommy Harris
- Mary-Louise Parker as Suzy Mayor
- Mark Jeffrey Miller as Henry
During its premiere broadcast on December 1, 2013, the episode received a 1.1 rating and a 3 share in the key 18- to 49-year-old adult demographic. It was viewed by 6.45 million total viewers. The ratings were considered to be poor, and they were lower than a comparable Hallmark broadcast the previous year.
Awards and nominations
The film was nominated for two MovieGuide Awards in 2014: the Faith and Freedom Award (Television), and the Free Enterprise Prize. It did not win in either category.
- "Hallmark Hall of Fame Presents 'Christmas in Conway'". Hallmark corporate press release. Archived from the original on 23 November 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Christmas in Conway synopsis". Hallmark Hall of Fame online Press Room. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Foss, Cassie. "Mary-Louise Parker to star in Hallmark movie filming in area". Wilmington StarNews online. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Geoff Zanelli to Score Hallmark's 'Christmas in Conway'". Film Music Reporter. September 16, 2013. Retrieved September 14, 2020.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "TV Ratings Sunday: 'Once Upon a Time' Stays at Low + 'Bob's Burgers' & 'American Dad' Fall". TVByTheNumbers. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Salem, Mitch. "The Sked Network Scorecard - 12/1/13". ShowBuzzDaily.com. Archived from the original on 28 April 2015. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Faughnder, Ryan (2 December 2013). "TV ratings: NBC wins night with falling NFL numbers; 'Amazing Race' up". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Appelo, Tim (February 8, 2014). "'Shark Tank,' 'Duck Dynasty,' 'The Bible' Win Faith & Values Awards". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 11, 2014.