Christmas in Conway
|Christmas in Conway|
|Written by||Stephen P. Lindsey|
|Directed by||John Kent Harrison|
|Music by||Geoff Zanelli|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||96 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Hallmark Hall of Fame|
Christmas in Conway is a 2013 American Christmas television film directed by John Kent Harrison, written by Stephen P. Lindsey and Luis Ugaz, and starring Mary-Louise Parker, Andy Garcia and Mandy Moore. The film is part of the Hallmark Hall of Fame series, and premiered on ABC on December 1, 2013.
When terminally ill Suzy Mayor (Parker) leaves the hospital to spend her last days at her home in Conway, South Carolina, her grouch of a husband, Duncan (Garcia) is beside himself with concern for her and with annoyance at everyone else, including Natalie (Moore), the live-in hospice nurse who has come home with Suzy. When Duncan decides to build a Ferris wheel in the backyard as a Christmas present for Suzy, in honor of the place where Duncan proposed to her, the neighbors and townspeople of this quiet Southern town are quick to object.
- Andy Garcia as Duncan Mayor
- Mandy Moore as Natalie Springer
- Cheri Oteri as Gayle Matthews
- Riley Smith as Tommy Harris
- Mark Jeffrey Miller as Henry
- Mary-Louise Parker as Suzy Mayor
During its premiere broadcast on December 1, 2013, the episode received a 1.1 rating and a 3 share in the key 18- to 49-year-old adult demographic. It was viewed by 6.45 million total viewers. The ratings were considered to be poor, and they were lower than a comparable Hallmark broadcast the previous year.
Awards and nominations
The film was nominated for two MovieGuide Awards in 2014: the Faith and Freedom Award (Television), and the Free Enterprise Prize. It did not win in either category.
- "Hallmark Hall of Fame Presents 'Christmas in Conway'". Hallmark corporate press release. Archived from the original on 23 November 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Christmas in Conway synopsis". Hallmark Hall of Fame online Press Room. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- Foss, Cassie. "Mary-Louise Parker to star in Hallmark movie filming in area". Wilmington StarNews online. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Geoff Zanelli to Score Hallmark's 'Christmas in Conway'". Film Music Reporter. September 16, 2013. Retrieved September 14, 2020.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "TV Ratings Sunday: 'Once Upon a Time' Stays at Low + 'Bob's Burgers' & 'American Dad' Fall". TVByTheNumbers. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Salem, Mitch. "The Sked Network Scorecard - 12/1/13". ShowBuzzDaily.com. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Faughnder, Ryan. "TV ratings: NBC wins night with falling NFL numbers; 'Amazing Race' up". LATimes.com. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Appelo, Tim (February 8, 2014). "'Shark Tank,' 'Duck Dynasty,' 'The Bible' Win Faith & Values Awards". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 11 February 2014.