|Nickname(s)||Le Gitan de Massy (i.e., The Gypsy from Massy)|
|Height||192 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Born||May 3, 1981|
|Wins by KO||7|
Yellow vests movement
Several videos taken during the demonstration of the Yellow vests movement of January 5, 2019 in Paris were showing him punching policemen on the Passerelle Léopold-Sédar-Senghor. Three days after punching police at Yellow vests protest, Christophe Dettinger surrenders. A website set up to raise funds for the boxer showed that it had received pledges of more than €114,000  The fundraiser was closed after less than 20 hours after officials expressed outrage. Anti-corruption campaigner Christophe Grébert defended the fund, saying it was legal to ask for funds to pay court costs. Shutting the fundraiser, he said, was a "bad signal for democracy".
On 13 February, 2019, Dettinger was sentenced to 1 year of prison and 18 months' probation for assaulting two police officers during the protest on 5 January.
- "Dettinger face à un nouveau défi". 6 December 2013.
- "EN VIDÉOS - «Gilets jaunes» : un manifestant filmé en train de frapper un gendarme". FIGARO. 5 January 2019.
- "Boxer Christophe Dettinger surrenders after punching police at gilets jaunes protest". TIMES. 8 January 2019.
- "Over $170K raised for ex-French boxer who punched riot police during 'yellow vest' protest - National - Globalnews.ca". globalnews.ca. 8 January 2019.
- "Outcry over fundraising for protest boxer". 8 January 2019 – via www.bbc.com.
- "Gilets jaunes : le boxeur de gendarmes Christophe Dettinger condamné à un an de prison ferme". France 24 (in French). 2019-02-13. Retrieved 2019-02-14.