Gans in 2010.
11 March 1960
|Occupation||Film director, producer; screenwriter|
Life and career
||This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Gans was born in Antibes, France. As a teenager, he spent a large portion of his time creating kung fu-themed Super 8 movies with his friends. He later went on to attend the French film school Idhec, where he created his first short film, Silver Slime. He later spent time as a film critic before co-directing his first film, Necronomicon.
His $29 million-budgeted film Brotherhood of the Wolf was a worldwide success, grossing over $70 million+  in theaters worldwide. It became the second-highest-grossing French-language film in the United States since 1980.
Gans was to write and direct the Capcom video game Onimusha; however, after several setbacks he abandoned it and is now attached to the French film Fantômas. He initially was to direct a sequel to Silent Hill, but later pulled out and was replaced by Michael J. Bassett.
|1981||Silver Slime||Yes||Yes||Short film|
|1993||Necronomicon||Yes||Directed first sequence|
|2001||Brotherhood of the Wolf||Yes||Yes|
|2014||Beauty and the Beast||Yes||Yes|||
- Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001), boxofficemojo.com; accessed 27 December 2015.
- "Foreign Language, 1980-Present". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Onimusha film delayed due to Ledger's death". Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Christophe Gans Preps Fantomas With Vincent Cassel". Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "EXCL: Avary Skips Trip to Silent Hill 2". Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- Necronomicon details, imdb.com; accessed 27 December 2015.
- Butler, Craig. "Necronomicon: review". Allmovie. Retrieved September 28, 2009.
- "La belle et la bête: Un film de Christophe Gans". Pathé International. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Christophe Gans|
|This article about a French film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|