7 September 1971|
Houston, Texas, United States
|Occupation||Film critic, writer|
Christopher Null is a film critic, columnist and former blogger for Yahoo! Tech, editor of Drinkhacker.com, and was the founder and editor-in-chief of Filmcritic.com, which operated from 1995 to 2012. Prior to the widespread popularity of the world wide web, he was one of the most prolific reviewers posting in the rec.arts.movies.reviews newsgroup. In 2003, CNN called Null an "expert in media, business and technology". In 2013, Null founded Film Racket.
Null has written for numerous publications, including Wired, Business 2.0, PC World, Men's Journal, San Francisco Magazine, Yahoo! Internet Life, Working Woman, PC/Computing, San Jose Magazine, The Austin Chronicle, and The Austin American-Statesman. He is also the author of two books: Five Stars! (2005, Sutro Press), a manual for aspiring film critics, and Half Mast (2002, Sutro Press), a novel. A list of Null's publications is available at his website.
Prior to writing for Yahoo!, he was the founding editor-in-chief of Mobile PC magazine. He also served as editor-in-chief of New Architect, Executive Editor of Smart Business magazine, and Managing Reviews Editor of LAN Times magazine.
- "Google, Why Won't You Let Me Forget My Divorce?". Wired. 7 May 2015. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- Evangelista, Benny (30 January 2007). "Pros and cons of Windows Vista". SFGate. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Phillips, Ashley (7 January 2007). "Will CES Bring the Next iPhone?". ABC News. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Goldsmith, Richard (22 April 2010). "Shots for Adults". Fox News. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Botelho, Greg (16 May 2003). "Rehashed summer smashes". CNN. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Kravets, David (31 August 2007). "Hollywood's Next Anti-Piracy Crusade: Crappy Cell Phone Copies". Wired. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Null, Christopher (3 April 2013). "Hacking Media Production Podcast: How to Launch a Competitive Content Site" (Interview). Interviewed by David Spark. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Christopher Null, Author at WIRED". Wired. 2014. Archived from the original on 12 September 2014. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Johnson, Dave (31 January 2013). "How to respond to unhappy customers online". CBS News. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Robinson-Jacobs, Karen (27 April 1999). "Savvy PC Sellers Find Niches to Survive". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Null, Christopher (20 February 2005). "Secret Tapes Of President Bush Leaked To New York Times". CNN Live Sunday (Interview). Interviewed by Andrea Koppel. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Christopher Null: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "About the Staff". Film Racket. 2013. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a film critic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|