Christopher Ryan (author)
|Born||February 13, 1962|
Christopher Ryan (born February 13, 1962) is an American author best known for co-authoring the book Sex at Dawn (2010).
He received a B.A. in English and American literature in 1984, and an M.A. and Ph.D. in psychology from Saybrook University, an accredited hybrid low-residency/online learning program based in San Francisco, twenty years later. His master's thesis examined differences in specific personality measures between working fashion models and the general public. His doctoral dissertation analyzed the prehistoric roots of human sexuality, and was guided by the psychologist Stanley Krippner, a humanistic psychologist, with additional committee members Sabrina Zirkel and Jürgen W. Kremer.
Ryan gave a TED talk titled Are we designed to be sexual omnivores? in February 2013, contributes to Psychology Today and hosts a popular podcast called Tangentially Speaking with Dr. Christopher Ryan.
In 2018-2019, Ryan published Civilized to Death: What Was Lost on the Way to Modernity, also known as, Civilized to Death: The Price of Progress (ISBN 1451659105), as well as the ebooks: Tangentially Reading (ASIN B07C91LTZ2) and Tangentially Talking Drugs (ASIN B07Y6TWJ7Z) based on his popular podcast, Tangentially Speaking.
He is married to his sometime collaborator and co-author of Sex at Dawn, Cacilda Jethá.
- Seidman, Barry F.; Dowret, Arnell (2011-02-27). "Speaking of Sex". The Humanist (March–April 2011). Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- . 2000. ISBN 9780493717630. Missing or empty
- "The Authors / FAQ". SexatDawn.com. Archived from the original on 2012-05-20. Retrieved 2012-06-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Ryan, Christopher Patrick (2003). "Human sexual behavior in the Pleistocene: A challenge to the standard model of human evolution". ProQuest 305260310. Cite journal requires
- Ryan, Christopher (February 2013), Are we designed to be sexual omnivores?, TED2013: TED Talks, retrieved 2017-08-29 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: location (link)
- "Sex at Dawn". Psychology Today. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- "Tangentially Speaking". feralaudio.com. Retrieved 2014-07-21. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Dore, Jimmy (2019-11-23). "How We Are Being 'Civilized To Death' w_Christopher Ryan". YouTube.com. The Jimmy Dore Show. Retrieved 2019-11-24. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Ryan, Christoher. "Civilized To Death, Why Everything's Amazing, But Nobody's Happy". Psychology Today. Christoher Ryan. Retrieved 2019-11-24. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Ryan, Christopher (2012-07-27). "For the Record". Psychology Today. Retrieved 30 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)