Christopher Y. Lew
Before taking his job at the Whitney in 2014, Lew had held positions at MoMA PS1 starting in 2006. At MoMA PS1, he organized numerous exhibitions including Chim Pom, Clifford Owens: Anthology, and Nancy Grossman: Heads (with Klaus Biesenbach), as well as projects by Edgard Aragón, Rey Akdogan, Ilja Karilampi, James Ferraro, and Caitlin Keogh. Additionally, Lew has curated exhibitions and programs in New York City at other venues such as Artists Space and Aljira. Prior to joining the Museum, he worked as managing editor at ArtAsiaPacific and held positions at the Aperture Foundation and the Asian American Arts Centre.
At the Whitney, Lew organized the first United States solo exhibitions for emerging artists Rachel Rose and Jared Madere. He also organized, with Curator Jay Sanders, the first U.S. theatrical presentation by New Theater. His other exhibitions at the Whitney include “Sophia Al-Maria: Black Friday” (2016); “Open Plan: Lucy Dodd” (2016); and the group show “Mirror Cells” (2016), co-organized with associate curator Jane Panetta, and "Eckhaus Latta: Possessed" (2018), co-organized with Lauri London Freedman, the head of product development at the Whitney.
- Christopher Y. Lew on curating - The Creative Independent
- Whitney.org - Whitney Biennial 2017
- Whitney Biennial 2017: How the Museum's Riskiest, Most Political Survey in Decades Came Together
- The Making of the 2017 Whitney Biennial with Curators Mia Locks and Christopher Lew
- Pogrebin, Robin (8 August 2018). "With New Urgency, Museums Cultivate Curators of Color". The New York Times.
- "Christopher Lew on Curating". thecreativeindependent.com.
- "Pope.L: Instigation, Aspiration, Perspiration". whitney.org. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- "MoMA - Author: Christopher Y. Lew". www.moma.org.
- "Our Gay Apparel". www.artforum.com. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- "Christopher Y. Lew - post". post.at.moma.org.
- "Christopher Lew on Curating". thecreativeindependent.com. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- Radar, Art. "Whitney Museum appoints Christopher Y. Lew as associate curator | Art Radar". Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- Cohen, Alina (2018-08-08). "At the Whitney, Eckhaus Latta Blurs the Line between Fashion and Contemporary Art". Artsy. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- "Eckhaus Latta: Possessed". whitney.org. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- "The Whitney Announces Curators for 2017 Biennial". whitney.org.
- Russeth, Andrew (4 November 2015). "Christopher Lew and Mia Locks Will Organize the 2017 Whitney Biennial". ARTnews.
- Loos, Ted (12 December 2018). "Firing up Weird Science at the Whitney". The New York Times.
- "Kevin Beasley: A view of a landscape at Whitney Museum of American Art, December 15, 2018 – March 10, 2019". Arts Summary. 16 December 2018.
- "Christopher Y. Lew | HuffPost". www.huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2019-02-01.