|Predecessor||Kara Film Festival|
|Type||Not for profit|
|English, French, Urdu|
Cinéaste One is an arts and cultural organization based in Karachi formed for the purpose of establishing an infrastructure to encourage and promote short film making in Pakistan. It organizes workshops and seminars promoting film literacy and produces the Cinéaste One Student Film Festival.
Zia and AFK agreed to publicly showcase the films coming out of the workshop. Cinéaste One Student Film Festival (COSFF) was produced; highlighting selected short films from workshop participants. The first time filmmaker’s efforts were lauded and the affair was deemed a success. Zia decided to capitalize on the event’s success. With an eye on cultivating the film scene, a bigger event was launched the following year. Cinéaste One Student Film Festival 2013 (COSFF13) assimilated Karachi’s major film schools:SAAMPT, SZABIST, Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture, Iqra University and Cinema 101 workshops, on a single platform, supporting upcoming filmmakers and fashioning a film culture. A film-rating system was developed and an external jury composed of foreign and local artists and filmmakers were assembled. An indie-rock band opened the event and COSFF13 marked a celebration rewarding the best coming out of Karachi’s film schools. .
In 2015, Cinéaste One organized an art exposition titled Filmistan from April 18th - April 25th.  Fimistan featured a series of exhibitions showcasing Pakistani film posters, art and memorabilia from a bygone era. Most of the memorabilia at the exhibition comes from the private collection of Guddu.
- "Cinéaste One's Rumman Zia at Karachi Conference". The Express Tribune. 2014-11-24. Retrieved 2014-12-15.
- "Rumman Zia discusses art at the Herald Forum". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- "Cinema 101".
- "COSFF12 - Alliance française de Karachi". Afkarachi.com. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "COSFF12 radio coverage". SoundCloud. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "COSFF13 press release". The News International. 2013-04-05. Retrieved 2013-04-05.
- "COSFF13 radio coverage". 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "Kurrachee wins best film at COSFF13". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "COSFF14 - Alliance française de Karachi". Afkarachi.com. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "MAG interviews Cinéaste One's Rumman Zia". http://www.magtheweekly.com. Retrieved 2015-02-02. External link in
- "Filmistan - Where did those days go ? - Alliance française de Karachi". Afkarachi.com. Retrieved 2015-04-10.
- "Journey of films: the bygone days". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- "Guddu: The last of lollywood aficionados". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 2015-04-10.