|The Honourable Mr. Justice
|82nd Puisne Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada|
June 9, 2014
|Nominated by||Stephen Harper|
|Preceded by||Morris Fish|
|Justice of the Quebec Court of Appeal|
|Justice of the Quebec Superior Court|
September 5, 1960 |
|Alma mater||Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf (DEC 1978)
McGill University (BCL 1981)
|Profession||civil and commercial lawyer, judge|
Gascon was admitted to the Quebec Bar in 1982 and in addition to his legal practice (in business, labour and construction law) was also a lecturer at CEGEP Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, University of Quebec, Montreal, McGill University and Bar of Quebec.
Prior to his Supreme Court appointment, Gascon served on the Quebec Superior Court from 2002 to 2012, and the Quebec Court of Appeal from 2012 to 2014. He was previously a lawyer for the Montreal law firm Heenan Blaikie for 21 years.
- Canadian Who's Who (2012-2013). Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Harper names Justice Gascon to Supreme Court". The Gazette, June 3, 2014.
- Court of Appeal of Quebec: Current Judges
- "Deux excellentes nominations à la Cour d’appel". La Presse, April 16, 2012.
- Hough, Jennifer (June 3, 2014). "Clement Gascon a Quebec Court of Appeal Judge Nominated to Supreme Court". National Post (Canada: Postmedia). Retrieved June 3, 2014.
|This Canadian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|