From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up clarion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Clarion may refer to:
- Clarion (instrument), a type of trumpet used in the Middle Ages
- The register of a clarinet that ranges from B4 to C6
- A trumpet organ stop that usually plays an octave above unison pitch
- "Clarion" (song), a 2008 single by multinational band Guillemots
- Clarion Island (Isla Clarión), Colima
- Clarion, Illinois
- Clarion, Iowa
- Clarion County, Pennsylvania
- Clarion River, Pennsylvania, a tributary of the Allegheny River
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania, a public university located in Clarion, Pennsylvania
- Clarion, Utah, a ghost town settled as a Jewish farming colony
- Peninsula Clarion, a regional newspaper published in Kenai, Alaska, U.S.
- Clarion Herald, the official newspaper of the Archdiocese of New Orleans in the U.S. state of Louisiana
- Clarion (magazine), a literary magazine published in Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
- The Clarion-Ledger, a daily newspaper in the U.S. state of Mississippi, and the second oldest company in that state
- Clarion Workshop, a science fiction and fantasy workshop based in San Diego, California, U.S.
- Clarion West Writers Workshop, a science fiction and fantasy workshop based in Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- The Clarion, a defunct weekly socialist newspaper that was published in the United Kingdom
- Western Clarion, a defunct newspaper that served as the official organ of the Socialist Party of Canada from 1903 to 1925
- The Clarion, a defunct quarterly magazine published by the American Folk Art Museum from 1971 until 1992
- Clarion nightsnake (Hypsiglena unaocularis), a small colubrid snake
- Clarion snake eel (Myrichthys pantostigmius), a tropical, marine eel
- Clarión wren (Troglodytes tanneri), a species of bird
- Proud Clarion, an American Thoroughbred racehorse, winner of the 1967 Kentucky Derby
- Clarion angelfish (Holacanthus clarionensis), a species of saltwater angelfish
Companies and organizations
- Clarion (company), a Japanese automotive and consumer electronics manufacturer
- Clarion Project, a nonprofit organization based in Washington D.C., USA
- Clarion Hotel, a hotel brand in the United States
- Clarion Hotel Limerick, a hotel in Limerick, Ireland
- National Clarion Cycling Club, a cycling club with some 29 member sections in the UK
- Clarion Award, an honor for excellence in communications from the Association for Women in Communications
- Clarion (heraldry), a charge or bearing in heraldry
- Operation Clarion, an extensive Allied campaign of strategic bombing during World War II against Nazi Germany
- Queen Clarion, the queen of all fairies of the magical fairy world of Pixie Hollow in the Tinker Bell film series and books
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania, a university located in Clarion, PA
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Clarion.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.