Center field in 2016
|Full name||Lewis Field at|
|Location||9999 Charles Boulevard|
Greenville, North Carolina
|Owner||East Carolina University|
|Operator||East Carolina University|
|Record attendance||5,581 vs North Carolina|
(April 22, 2009)
|Field size||Left: 320 feet (98 m)|
Center: 390 feet (119 m)
Right: 320 feet (98 m)
|Opened||March 4, 2005|
|Construction cost||$11 million|
Callahan & Pierce
|East Carolina Pirates (NCAA)|
C-USA Tournament (2007)
Clark–LeClair Stadium is a baseball park in the eastern United States, located in Greenville, North Carolina. On the campus of East Carolina University, it is the home field of the East Carolina Pirates of the American Athletic Conference. The stadium was named after Pirate alumnus and contributor Bill Clark and former Pirates coach Keith LeClair; ECU's current head coach is Cliff Godwin.
The stadium has 3,000 stadium bleacher seats, plus space for several thousand more spectators in "The Jungle." There are concession and restroom facilities at the stadium, plus a family picnic area. Amenities include the Pirate Club fundraising and hospitality suite and a private suite for the LeClair family. The venue was built with $11 million in private donations.
The playing surface consists of Celebration Bermuda turf with a clay base infield and crushed-brick warning track. New lights were included in the construction of the stadium that meet all television specifications. Facilities include indoor and outdoor batting cages, a VIP booth, coach's offices, and a player clubhouse, as well as state-of-the-art broadcast facilities.
The dimensions of the outfield are 320 feet (98 m) down the foul lines and 390 feet (119 m) to center field. The diamond has an unorthodox northwesterly alignment (home plate to center field); the recommended orientation is east-northeast. The elevation of the field is approximately 70 feet (21 m) above sea level.
- Largest crowd — 5,581 vs #1 North Carolina on April 22, 2009, won by East Carolina 4–0.
- First game — ECU vs. Michigan on March 4, 2005, won by East Carolina 2–1.
- "LEWIS FIELD AT CLARK-LeCLAIR STADIUM". ECU Athletics. Retrieved June 4, 2018.
- "Brandt And Pirates Blank No. 1 Tar Heels, 4-0". ECU Athletics. 2009-04-23. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- "Official Baseball Rules: 2.01 Layout of the Field" (PDF). Major League Baseball. 2018. p. 2.
- "2007 ECU Invitational". ECU Athletics. Retrieved 2009-04-24.
- "6th Annual Keith LeClair Classic". ECU Athletics. Retrieved 2009-04-24.
- Cutler, Tami (June 9, 2017). "2015 Division I Baseball Attendance - Final Report" (PDF). Sportswriters.net. NCBWA. Retrieved March 9, 2017.
- "2012 Conference USA Baseball Media Guide" (PDF). p. 75. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-06-21. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- East Carolina University Athletics – Lewis Field at Clark-LeClair Stadium