Claudio Silvestrin (b. Zurich, 5 September 1954) is an Italian architect and designer, and a British citizen.
He was educated in Milan, under the guidance of AG Fronzoni, before moving to the Architectural Association in London. From 1986 to 1988, Silvestrin worked in partnership with John Pawson at their London studio Pawson Silvestrin Architects. In 1989 he established Claudio Silvestrin Architects, with offices in London and, from 2006, in Milan.
Considered to be one of the masters of contemporary minimalism, Silvestrin is admired by international architects and designers, such as Giorgio Armani and Terence Conran. He is known for the serene spaces and simple, essential forms of his architecture and interior design.
- Villa Neuendorf, Majorca, Spain 1991
- Giorgio Armani stores, worldwide from 1999 to 2007
- Museum of Contemporary Art - Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo, Turin, Italy 2002
- Donnelly gallery - residence, Irish Coast 2002
- Victoria Miro Private Collection Space, London, UK 2006
- 2003 Artib Award
- 2003 Contract World Award
- 2003 Medaglia D’oro per l’Architettura Italiana alla Triennale di Milano
- 2005 International Award Architecture in Stone
- 2005 Travel+Leisure Magazine Design Awards
- 2005 Wallpaper Magazine Design Awards
- 2008 Best Communicator Award at Marmomacc
- 2008 Archip - Domus (Russia) magazine award
- 2009 Chicago Athenaeum International Architectural Award
- F. Bertoni, Claudio Silvestrin, Birkhäuser 1999 (ISBN 88-8030-188-8 -ITA / ISBN 3-7643-6105-0 ENG)
- Sacred Spirit in Interni magazine (Italy) n. 567, Dic. 2006
- Claudio Silvestrin progetti e scritti, Eye Claudio, Viabizzuno edizioni 2008
- F. Bertoni, Claudio Silvestrin - The non-materiality of the material, Ed. Umberto Allemandi 2011
- Bare, Modern Times, BBC2, March 1998
- Terence Conran in The World of Interiors, August 2000
- Gilda Bojardi in Interni n.12, December 2006