Clem Ohameze at a party, August 2011
|Home town||Oguta, Imo State, Nigeria|
Clem Ohameze is a Nigerian actor with two decades in acting. Clem Ohameze started professional acting in 1995. But his breakthrough role was in 1998 when he featured in a big-budget movie titled ENDTIME. He has acted in over 500 movies in his 20-year career spanning 1995 to date and is set to feature in many more movies in the coming months.
Clem Ohameze was born on 27 June 1965 in Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria. He attended Holy Family College/ Baptist High School for his secondary education. He moved on to study at the Institute of Management Technology, Enugu, Nigeria where he secured an Ordinary National Diploma in Mass Communication and then University of Port Harcourt where he graduated with a BSc in Sociology and Anthropology in 1989. He also studied at the Buckingham University, London in 2010 and obtained a Masters in Preventive and Social Medicine.
Ohameze is a member of the Actors Guild of Nigeria. He briefly broke away from acting between 2006 and 2010 to pursue other interests including politics. He has since returned to his movie career after the break. In 2010, Ohameze starred in the award-winning movie Ije: The Journey alongside Genevieve Nnaji and Omotola Jalade Ekeinde.
Ohameze stood for election to represent Ohaji-Egbema-Oguta Federal Constituency in Nigeria's Federal House of Representatives on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2007. He however abandoned the pursuit over allegations of threat to his life. His car was attacked, his cousin was shot and killed during the incident. Ohameze relocated to London, United Kingdom. He intends to contest for an elective position in the oncoming 2015 general elections.
- "Clem Ohameze battles for The Kingdom". Vanguardngr.com. 2012-10-27. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "Clem Ohameze Makes Nollywood Comeback With Eucharia Anunobi, Others In The Kingdom". nigeriafilms.com. 2012-11-03. Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "Photos: Meet Clems Ohameze, The Nigerian Legend Who Does Not Joke With His "Blood Money" Roles In Movies- See How He". PinaxOnline. 2020-04-25. Retrieved 2020-05-26.
- Suleiman, Taiye (2008-04-07). "Nollywood Photo Blog: Pictorial Glance at Clem Ohameze of Nollywood". Nollywood Photo Blog. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- Izuzu, Chidumga. "#ThrowbackThursday: Watch Clem Ohameze, Olu Jacobs, Zack Orji in End Time". Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Clem Ohameze attacked". www.mjemagazine.com. 26 November 2011. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 2013-09-19.
- "My Car was Attacked,My cousin killed and My Driver Escaped with a Bullet - Nollywood Actor Clems Ohameze". MJ Celebrity Magazine. 2011-11-26. Archived from the original on 2017-05-28. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Clem Ohameze battles for The Kingdom - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 2012-10-27. Retrieved 2017-02-21.