|Founded||Chicago, Illinois (1996 )|
|Nick Stier, President
Ron Mitchell, VP, Professional Services
Gary Raetz, COO, Chief Operating Officer
Gary Whitney, VP, Sales and Marketing
|Products||eResearch Portal, Research Administration Solutions|
Number of employees
|63 est. (2010)|
|Parent||Huron Consulting Group|
Click Commerce, Inc. is a researching solutions company based in Hillsboro, Oregon, United States. Incorporated in 1996 as Click Interactive, Inc. in Chicago, Illinois, the company historically supplied business application software and related services.
Click Commerce was founded by Michael W. Ferro, Jr., Jim Heising, and Sarah O'Donnell  and was incorporated in 1996 as Click Interactive, Incorporated. The company changed its name to Click Commerce, Inc. in 1999 and went public on NASDAQ in June, 2000 under the symbol CKCM. In 2004, Click purchased Oregon based Webridge, a privately held software developer that marketed compliance related software to research universities. Click Commerce retained Webridge's office in Oregon along with part of that company's staff.
In October 2006, the company was acquired by Illinois Tool Works (ITW) and operated as an independent business unit until May 15, 2009, when Marlin Equity Partners acquired three software operating units from ITW. The transaction included the Service Network Solutions (“SNS”) and Research and Healthcare Solutions (“RHS”) businesses and the rights to the Click Commerce, Inc. name. Additionally, the Contract Service and Management (“CSM”) business was also acquired but merged into Emptoris, an existing Marlin portfolio company based in Burlington, Massachusetts, specializing in supply management and contract management software solutions. Click Commerce’s eCommerce and Channel Management Division was retained by ITW and is doing business as Requisite Technology, Inc.
Marlin Equity Partners subsequently acquired Servigistics, a strategic service management solutions company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, and on July 7, 2009 announced its merger with Click Commerce’s Service Network Solutions (SNS) unit. In November 2010, Click Commerce was purchased by Huron Consulting Group, but retained its headquarters in Oregon.
The Research and Healthcare Division retained the Click Commerce name, and is headquartered in the Portland metropolitan area of Oregon. Specializing in "solutions" for the business of research, their eResearch Portal based solutions include:
- Institutional Review Boards (IRB)
- Grants and Contracts
- SF424 eSubmission
- Conflict of interest
- Clinical Trials Billing
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety Committees (IBC)
- Animal Operations
- Effort Reporting
- Safety Committees
- "Overlay Information 1N236BB00800". Geographic Information Systems. Washington County, Oregon. Retrieved 28 November 2010.
- Brown, Erika (May 18, 1998). "Starting Your Own Business: Spare the rod . . .". Forbes.com. Forbes. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- Earnshaw, Aliza (March 18, 2004). "Webridge purchased by Chicago company". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 29 November 2010.
- Siemers, Erik (March 4, 2011). "Click Commerce is here to stay". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Health IT Business News Roundup for the Week of November 5, 2010". iHealthBeat. The Advisory Board Company. November 5, 2010. Retrieved 29 November 2010.