|The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Dunwich|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich|
|In office||c. 1999 – 2013|
|Other posts||Archdeacon of Hackney (1992–1999)|
|Consecration||24 June 1999|
|Born||31 May 1948|
|Died||7 October 2015(aged 67)|
|Buried||Dore Abbey, Herefordshire|
|Alma mater||St John's College, Durham|
Clive Young (31 May 1948 – 7 October 2015) was a Church of England bishop. From 1999 to 2013, he was the Anglican Bishop of Dunwich, a suffragan bishop in the Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich.
Young was educated at King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford. He then studied at St John's College, Durham and graduated in 1970 with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree. He then entered Ridley Hall, Cambridge, an Anglican theological college, to prepare for ordination.
Young was ordained a deacon in 1972 and began his career with a curacy at Neasden (1972-1975), followed by a second curacy at St Paul's Hammersmith (1975-1979). He was then Priest in charge of Old Ford, London, latterly also Area Dean of Tower Hamlets; and then Vicar of St Andrew, Holborn and Archdeacon of Hackney.
In 1999, he was consecrated to the episcopate. From 1999 until his retirement on 12 May 2013, he was the Anglican Bishop of Dunwich, a suffragan bishop in the Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich. He then retired from full-time ministry and was appointed an honorary assistant bishop in the Diocese of Hereford.
In his spare time he was a keen gardener.
- The Reverend Clive Young (1972–1992)
- The Venerable Clive Young (1992–1999)
- The Right Reverend Clive Young (1999–2015)
- Southwark Diocese — ... new Archdeacon of Hackney
- Diocesan details
- Crockfords On-line- accessed 17 May 2008
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black, 2008 ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- "C. Young". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 30 November 2015. (subscription required)
- "Debrett's People of Today" London, Debrett's, 2008 ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
- "Gazette". Church Times. 28 September 2012. #7802.
- "The Hymn Society of Great Britain & Ireland: Past Conferences". Retrieved 2009-08-06.
- Townley, Peter (13 November 2015). "Obituary: The Rt Revd Clive Young". The Church Times. Retrieved 22 November 2015.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Dunwich