Code Name: The Cleaner
|Code Name: The Cleaner|
|Directed by||Les Mayfield|
|Edited by||Michael Matzdorff|
|Music by||George S. Clinton|
|Distributed by||New Line Cinema|
|Box office||$10.3 million|
Code Name: The Cleaner is a 2007 American action comedy film directed by Les Mayfield and starring Lucy Liu, Cedric the Entertainer, Callum Keith Rennie and Nicollette Sheridan. The film was released by New Line Cinema on January 5, 2007. Upon its release, the film was met with negative reviews by critics.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2014)
When Jake (Cedric the Entertainer) awakes one morning in a strange hotel room, he finds himself in a bit of a predicament; there's a corpse in his bed and a briefcase full of cash. Not only that, but he cannot remember who he is or how he got there. He meets Gina (Lucy Liu), a waitress, who tells him he is a janitor at a video-game company and that she is a girlfriend. But Jake believes he is an undercover agent for the CIA, and he tries to figure out the truth.
- Lucy Liu as Gina
- Cedric the Entertainer as Jake Rogers
- Nicollette Sheridan as Diane
- Mark Dacascos as Eric Hauck
- Callum Keith Rennie as Shaw
- Niecy Nash as Jacuzzi
- DeRay Davis as Ronnie
- Will Patton as Riley
- Kevin McNulty as Dr. Soames
- Beau Davis as Old Timer
- Bart Anderson as Charlie
- Tom Butler as Crane
- Robert Clarke as The Butler
The film received overwhelmingly negative reviews. Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a score of 4% based on 84 reviews, with an average rating of 3.16/10. The website's critics consensus reads: "Code Name: The Cleaner is a limp action/comedy flick that alternates between lame, worn-out jokes and cheesy martial arts." Metacritic gave the film a score of 33 out of 100, based on 18 reviews, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".
The film grossed $10.3 million worldwide against a $20 million production budget.
- "Code Name: The Cleaner (2007)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved January 3, 2021.
- "Code Name: The Cleaner Reviews". Metacritic. Red Ventures. Retrieved January 3, 2021.
- Code Name: The Cleaner at Box Office Mojo
- "Razzies honor best of the worst". Variety. Associated Press. January 21, 2008. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- "Code Name: The Cleaner DVD Release Date April 24, 2007". DVDs Release Dates.
- "Code Name: The Cleaner – DVD Sales". the-numbers.com. Retrieved October 26, 2010.