This article is incomplete.(October 2014)
(aka: Coffin Baby - The Toolbox Killer Is Back
|Directed by||Dean C. Jones|
Atlantic & Pacific Pictures
Coffin Baby (aka Coffin Baby - The Toolbox Killer Is Back) is a 2013 American horror film written and directed by Dean C. Jones and starring Bruce Dern, Brian Krause, Clifton Powell, and Ethan Phillips. It has been represented as a sequel to 2004's Toolbox Murders, but is not. The majority of the footage in the film was shot for Toolbox Murders 2, the sequel to the 2004 film in which the eponymous toolbox killer, Coffin Baby, resumes his gruesome killing spree from the first film. Actor Christopher Doyle reprises his 2004 role as Coffin Baby. However, distribution of Coffin Baby has been stopped by agreement between Dean Jones and the producers of Toolbox Murders 2.
In Hollywood, Samantha Forester (Chauntal Lewis) is kidnapped by "Coffin Baby" (Christopher Doyle), branded, locked in a cage, and forced to witness dozens upon dozens of other Los Angeles citizens being murdered in various brutal ways. When she is reported as missing, But, later, by unknown reason he cut off her left hand. After 10 days in captivity, Coffin Baby falls in love with Samantha and gives her an orchid. Becoming crazed by her confinement, she herself eats cooked human flesh from another blonde victim.
- Bruce Dern as Vance Henrickson
- Brian Krause as Detective Chad Cole
- Clifton Powell as Detective S. Jackson
- Chauntal Lewis as Samantha Forester
- Christopher Doyle as Coffin Baby
- Ethan Phillips as Coroner B. Jones
- Ron Chaney as Detective L. Wehage
- Isabelle Freitheim as Sabrina Forester
- Allison Kyler as Amy Weinstein
- Whitney Anderson as Winter Jones
- Dean Jones as H. Bogart
- Mychal Thompson as Rodney W. Smith
- Douglas Tait as CB double
In October 2012, filmmakers and brothers Dean Jones and Starr Jones shot Coffin Baby in Alamance County, North Carolina, on locations in their hometown of Graham, North Carolina. Area emergency workers and residents served as extras.
Nav Qateel of Influx Magazine wrote that the film had the potential to be decent but failed.
- Qateel, Nav (2013). "review: Coffin Baby". Influx Magazine. Retrieved September 3, 2013.
- Harrington (August 12, 2013). "review: Coffin Baby – The Toolbox Killer is back". Angstrated (in German). Retrieved September 3, 2013.
- Raven, Kim (July 30, 2013). "Review: Coffin Baby (Dean Jones, 2013)". De Nacht Vlinder (in Dutch). Retrieved September 3, 2013.
- Barton, Steve (November 20, 2012). "Massive Coffin Baby Image Gallery Exhumed". Dread Central. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- Glancy, Charlie (October 18, 2012). "Horror movie filmed in Alamance County". MyFox8. Archived from the original (video report) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved September 3, 2013.