Combined Services Entertainment
The Combined Services Entertainment (CSE) is the live entertainment arm of the Services Sound and Vision Corporation (SSVC), a registered British charity. It is the official provider of live entertainment to the British Armed Forces. CSE routinely sends tours of entertainment to Afghanistan, Cyprus, Oman, the Falkland Islands and to Royal Navy ships deployed worldwide.
The CSE is the successor to the Entertainments National Service Association (ENSA). Originally, it was called the Central Pool of Artists. It emerged during and after the Second World War as the British Armed Forces' concert party.
Over the past decade, James Fox has undertaken many CSE tours to entertain British troops on active service in Afghanistan, Bosnia, The Falkland Islands and Iraq. In recognition of this, he was twice invited to perform at the Royal Albert Hall before the Queen as part of the Festival of Remembrance. In 2004, he presented a film highlighting the work of CSE before his performance.
- Concert party (entertainment)
- Entertainments National Service Association
- United Services Organization (USO); the United States equivalent
- "Services Sound and Vision Corporation". Ssvc.com. Archived from the original on 2012-05-31. Retrieved 2012-06-10.
- "James Fox Don't Look Back In Anger at Royal Albert Hall". YouTube.
- "James Fox - Anthem feat. Katherine Jenkins". YouTube.
|This article about a charitable organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This World War II article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|