Comin' On Strong
|Comin' On Strong|
|Studio album by Trace Adkins|
|Released||December 2, 2003|
|Trace Adkins chronology|
|Singles from Comin' On Strong|
Comin' On Strong is the sixth studio album from American country music singer Trace Adkins. It was released on December 2, 2003 on Capitol Records Nashville. Although it produced only two singles — "Hot Mama" and "Rough & Ready", which respectively reached No. 5 and No. 13 on the Hot Country Songs charts. The album was certified platinum by the RIAA.
The track "I'd Sure Hate to Break Down Here" was later recorded by Julie Roberts as "Break Down Here" on her self-titled debut album. Her version was released as a single in early 2004, peaking at No. 18 on the country charts.
The song "Hot Mama" also appears on the game Karaoke Revolution Party.
|1.||"Hot Mama"||Tom Shapiro, Casey Beathard||3:20|
|2.||"Comin' On Strong"||David Lee, Tony Lane||3:02|
|3.||"Then Came the Night"||John Kilzer, Chuck Jones||4:38|
|4.||"I'd Sure Hate to Break Down Here"||Patrick Jason Matthews, Jess Brown||4:01|
|5.||"Missing You"||Tim Mensy, Monty Criswell||5:15|
|6.||"One of Those Nights"||Shapiro, Jason Sellers||3:48|
|7.||"Untamed"||George Teren, Criswell||3:49|
|8.||"Then I Wake Up"||Mensy, Criswell||4:09|
|9.||"One Nightstand"||Matthews, Trey Bruce||3:46|
|10.||"Baby's Gone"||Tim Nichols, Mark D. Sanders, Tia Sillers||3:15|
|11.||"Rough & Ready"||Brian White, Craig Wiseman, Blair Mackichan||3:08|
As listed in liner notes.
- Trace Adkins – lead vocals
- Mike Brignardello – bass guitar
- Trey Bruce – percussion, programming
- Pat Buchanan – electric guitar, harmonica
- Lisa Cochran – background vocals
- J. T. Corenflos – electric guitar
- Vicki Hampton – background vocals
- Aubrey Haynie – fiddle, mandolin
- Wes Hightower – background vocals
- Steve Hinson – pedal steel guitar, lap steel guitar
- Liana Manis – background vocals
- Greg Morrow – drums, shaker
- Gordon Mote – piano, Hammond B-3 organ, Wurlitzer electric piano, synthesizer, synthesizer strings
- Alison Prestwood – bass guitar
- Michael Spriggs – acoustic guitar, Dobro
- Jonathan Yudkin – fiddle, mandolin, banjo, cello
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||3|
|U.S. Billboard 200||31|
|2004||"Rough & Ready"||13||75||
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum|
- Ruhlmann, William. "Comin'On Strong review". Allmusic. Retrieved July 2, 2011.
- Comin' On Strong (CD booklet). Trace Adkins. Capitol Records. 2003. 40517.
- "American album certifications – Trace Adkins – Comin' On Strong". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH