|Founder||Prathan Poopat, Flavio Girolami|
Common Projects is an American-Italian luxury footwear company.
The company was founded in 2004 by Prathan Poopat, an American-based art director, and Flavio Girolami, an Italian creative consultant. The shoes are hand-stitched in Italy, and often use Italian Nappa leather.
The company name came about as Poopat and Girolami were working on a number of 'common' projects together, the original 'Achilles' shoe included, while living in separate countries. All of their shoes feature a line of numbers along the heel, displaying the style, the size and color, respectively.
Awards and honors
- Ortved, John (13 December 2013). "Fashion Sneakers: The Runaway Hit". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2014-09-05.
- "Common Ground: A Conversation With Prathan Poopat And Flavio Girolami". The Line. Retrieved 2014-09-05.
- Johnson, Noah (2014-07-31). "Common Projects Makes More New Classics for Fall '14". Style.com. Retrieved 2014-09-05.
- Schneier, Matthew (25 June 2014). "At Men's Fashion Weeks, White Sneakers Appear On and Off the Runways". New York Times. Retrieved 2014-09-05.
- Xu, Bifen (2 October 2009). ""Asked and Answered | Common Projects"". T: The New York Times Style Magazine. Retrieved 2014-09-05.
- "Common Projects - The Perfect Sneaker". Sneaker Freaker. 2008-09-16. Retrieved 2014-09-05.
- Breslin, Yale (2012-11-19). "Common Projects: Form & Function". Life+Times. Retrieved 2014-09-05.
- DeLeon, Jian (2014-02-14). "Sneaker of the Week: Common Projects B-Ball Low: The GQ Eye". GQ. Retrieved 2014-09-05.
- Coats, Brian (2011-06-13). "Sneaker of the Week: Common Projects: The GQ Eye". GQ. Retrieved 2014-09-05.