Conferences in Methodism
(Redirected from Conferences of the United Methodist Church)Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are several kinds of conferences in Methodism:
- General Conference is the highest deliberative body for the United Methodist Church, the Allegheny Wesleyan Methodist Church, among others.
- Jurisdictional Conferences in the U.S.; and
- Central Conferences outside the U.S. elect and assign bishops in their region and comprise
- Annual Conferences, the basic organizational unit in the denomination.
- District Conference, Annual conferences are further divided into districts, each served by a district superintendent.
- Charge Conference, a charge is one or more churches served by a minister under appointment by the bishop.
- Context for Jurisdictions versus Conferences 
|This Methodism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|