||This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)
Continental Classics is a series of books.
- Volume I
Taras Bulba: A Tale of the Cossacks by Nicolai V. Gogol translated by Isabel F. Hapgood
- Volume II
Sebastopol by Leo Tolstoy
- Volume III
The Crushed Flower and Other Stories, by Leonid Andreev translated by Herman Bernstein.
- Volume IV
The Career of a Nihilist by S. Stepniak [pseud.]
- Volume V
Parisian points of view by Ludovic Halevy translated by Edith V. B. Matthews, with an introduction by Brander Matthews.
- Volume VI
The Crime of Sylvestre Bonnard (Member of the Institute) by Anatole France, translation and introduction by Lafcadio Hearn.
- Volume VII & Volume VIII
For the Right by Karl Emil Franzos translated by Julie Sutter. Preface by George MacDonald.
- Volume IX
Black Diamonds by Maurus Jokai translated by Frances A. Gerard.
- Volume X
Dame Care (Frau Sorge) by Hermann Sudermann tr. from the German by Bertha Overbeck.
- Volume XI
The New god, A Tale Of The Early Christians by Richard Voss
- Volume XII and XIII
Debit and Credit by Gustav Freytag, translated from German by L. C. C., with a preface by Christian Charles Josias Bunsen.
- Volume XIV
Spanish, Italian and Oriental tales, including stories by I. M. Palmarini, Camillo Boito, Antonio Fogazzaro and Pedra de Alarcon.
- Volume XV
Modern Ghosts, with introduction by George William Curtis.
- Volume XVI
The house by the medlar-tree by Giovanni Verga translated by Mary A. Craig with an introduction by W. D. Howells.
- Volume XVII
The battle of Waterloo and other stories, by Alexander Kielland, translated from Norwegian by William Archer, with an introduction by H. H. Boyesen. Includes:
- The Parsonage
- The Peat Moor
- "Hope's clad in April green"
- At the fair
- Two friends
- A good conscience
- Romance and Reality
- Withered leaves
- The battle of Waterloo
- Volume XVIII
Mystery tales, reprint of The Lock and Key Library: North Europe Stories, by Julian Hawthorne. Includes:
- The Queen of Spades, Pushkin
- The General's Will, Vera Jelihovsky
- Crime and Punishment, Fyoodor Dostoyevsky
- The Safety Match, Anton Chekhoff
- Knights of Industry, Vsevolod Krestovski
- The Amputated Arms, Jorgen Wilhelm Bergsoe
- The Manuscript, Otto Larssen
- The Sealed Room, Bernhard Ingemann
- The Rector of Veilbye, Steen Steensen Blicher
- The Living Death, Ferencz Molnar
- Thirteen at Table, Maurus Jokai
- The Dancing Bear, Etienne Barsony
- The Tower Room, Arthur Elck
- Volume XIX
Danish folk tales
- Volume XX
The wonderful adventures of Nils
- ^ Robin Healey (1998). Twentieth-Century Italian Literature in English Translation. An Annotated Bibliography 1929-1997. University of Toronto Press. p. 54. ISBN 0-8020-0800-3.