Copeland Special is an album released by Johnny Copeland in 1981 on Rounder Records in the United States, Demon Records in the United Kingdom, and Black and Blue Records in France. It was recorded and mixed at Blank Tapes, 37 West 20th Street, NYC, and produced by Dan Doyle. The album won a W. C. Handy Award.
- "Claim Jumper"
- "I Wish I Was Single"
- "Everybody Wants A Piece Of Me"
- "Copeland Special"
- "It´s My Own Tears"
- "Third Party"
- "Big Time"
- "Down On Bended Knee"
- "Done Got Over It"
- "St. Louis Blues"
- Johnny Copeland - guitar, vocals
- John Leibman - guitar
- Don Whitcomb - bass
- Mansfield Hitchman - drums (except on tracks 1, 3, 5, 7)
- Candy McDonald - drums on tracks 1, 3, 5
- Julian Vaughan - drums on track 7
- Anthony Browne - organ on tracks 2, 5
- Ken Vangel - piano arrangements
- Brookly Slim - harmonica on track 4
- George Adams - tenor & soprano saxophone
- Arthur Blythe - alto saxophone
- Byard Lancaster - alto & tenor saxophone
- Joe Rigby - baritone saxophone
- Bill Ohashi, Garrett List - trombone
- John Pratt, Yusef Yancey - trumpet
- ^ Tinder, Cliff (June 1983). "A Good-Lookin' Texas Sound". Record. 2 (8): 21.