Coral Ridge Baptist University
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.|
|Type||Private, unaccredited, religious|
|Affiliation||Baptist / Christian|
|Location||Jacksonville, Florida, United States
|Website||WebArchive of www.crbu.net|
|Coral Ridge Baptist University merged with Freedom University and Seminary in 2001|
CRBU was founded by a group of Baptist ministers and non-denominational ministers, affiliated with the Liberty Baptist Fellowship, Southern Baptist Convention, Coral Ridge Christian Fellowship, the Baptist Bible Fellowship, and the World Baptist Fellowship. Based in Jacksonville, Florida, the Coral Ridge church provided all needed classrooms, offices and equipment. The school was seen as an extension of evangelistic ministry or as "the church involved in education and ministry training". Training in Women's Ministries began at the school's inception.
In 1992, Don Sills opened a branch of the school near Cedar City, Utah. This branch was named George Wythe College. Graduate student Oliver DeMille and two others began teaching on-campus classes at this location on September 21, 1992.
On January 1, 2002, George Wythe College became independent of CRBU.
In 2001 CRBU offered the following degrees, all "designed solely for ecclesiastical or ministerial and Christian education vocations".
- A.A. in Biblical Studies
- B.A. in Biblical Studies
- M.A. in Religion and in Divinity
- Ph.D. in Christian History, Biblical Missions, and Youth Ministries
- Th.D. in Theology
|Doughty, William H.William H. Doughty||Ph.D.||Founder of the Meadeau View Institute and the Institute for Constitutional Education|||
|Kimber, GlennGlenn Kimber||1988||Ph.D.||Founder of Kimber Academy chain of schools; Meadeau View Institute leader; son-in-law of W. Cleon Skousen|||
|DeMille, OliverOliver DeMille||1992
|President of George Wythe College; author of A Thomas Jefferson Education|||
|Sills, Donald N.Donald N. Sills||1986||Ph.D.||Founder of George Wythe College|||
- "School Mascot". Archived from the original on 2001-04-13. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- "About CRBU". Archived from the original on 2001-04-11.
- "The First Fifteen Years" (PDF). Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- "Faculty". Archived from the original on April 6, 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- "Coral Ridge Baptist University". Archived from the original on 2001-04-05. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- Brooks, Shanon. "The First Fifteen Years" (PDF). p. 1. Retrieved 2009-04-21.[dead link]
- "CRBU Degrees". Archived from the original on 2001-03-03. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- "William H. Doughty Curriculum Vitae". Retrieved 2008-12-24.
- "Glenn Kimber Curriculum Vitae". Archived from the original on March 7, 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "Oliver Van DeMille Bio". 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-23.
- "Donald N. Sills". George Wythe College. Retrieved 2008-07-20.
|This article about a university or college in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|